anyone here using T-bolt clamps?

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

after installing my intercooler pipes earlier today, i can say for sure that i am buying 10 T-bolt clamps from ATP as soon as possible! these regular worm gear clamps just suck! ECSPECIALLY trying to tighten them down to the intercooler pipe where it meets the throttle body! it seemed like i had to have the clamp perfectly in place or it would move or get crooked. i had the same problem with the lower intercooler pipe near the compressor outlet but not nearly as bad as trying to get the clamp on the oval part of the upper intercooler pipe. what a PITA!

the clamps are $3.75 each, which means about $40 just for clamps, but i think it will be well worth it. what i really like about ATP's T-bolt clamps is that they are much wider than the typical worm gear clamp, and that they use a 7/16" nut instead of 5/16". not to mention their design alone is far superior. they don't 'dig into' the rubber couplers and hoses like worm gear clamps will. on a side note, i also intend to buy new silicone couplers for the compressor outlet and the throttle body as mine are slightly damaged from this. you can also get these clamps REALLY tight without stripping them.

one question i do have...will these clamps work alright on the oval throttle body and upper intercooler pipe? i never found any mention on ATP's website wether they do or don't. i suppose for $3.75 i will just try it and see. if anyone here is using them i'd like to hear about it.

thanks

I have a bunch of T-Bolts in my garage I'm not using [never used, brand new]. I have a couple of 2.25" and 2.5". I think I have around 15 or so, but I'll go out and see how many I actually have tomorrow. How's $2.25 each plus shipping sound [you can have the whole box if you want]? 8)

I also have some turbo couplers for sale. They are 5 layer strengthened couplers by Samco. Never used. The 3" is not pictured, but it will be included. $60 plus shipping.

(1x) 2.5"-2" x 3" L Reducer [by Vibrant]

(1x) 3" D x 3" L

(2x) 2.5" D x 3" L

(2x) 2" D x 3" L

ttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/90TGP/Random/couplers.jpg

I also have a FMI if you want that too! :D $200 plus shipping.

End Tank-To-End tank= 26"

End Tank Height= 8.5"

Core Length= 20"

Core Height= 7.75"

Core Thickness= 2"

Inlet= 2"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/90TGP/Random/intercooler.jpg

Guest TurboSedan

i may do that! i need to measure everything tomarrow to see what sizes i need exactly and how many of each size, but i will let you know :)

i will only be buying two couplers, but i need them in black (sorry i'm just picky).

no way i can afford an intercooler upgrade though :(

I also have a FMI if you want that too! :D $200 plus shipping.

End Tank-To-End tank= 26"

End Tank Height= 8.5"

Core Length= 20"

Core Height= 7.75"

Core Thickness= 2"

Inlet= 2"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/90TGP/Random/intercooler.jpg

Off topic I know, but did you ever figure out how to mounted and install the front mount before you moved onto the F-Body?

what are people using for upgrades on the upper ic pipe to throttle body when i comes to couplers??? i can't find any round to oval adapters!!! so are u guys just geting round and streching them or what?? i seem to remember a picture with of a TGP engine bay with red couplers and it looked really nice!!!!!

Guest TurboSedan

you just need a round coupler. not sure on exact size at the moment. you don't need a round-to-oval adapter or anything because the end of the intercooler pipe is oval too. i'm going to buy mine from ATP (atpturbo.com)

Just take the stock one and flatten it out and measure it. That will tell you what size to use. I think it's 3" but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll measure when I'm out there today. I've got extra's all over the place.

what are people using for upgrades on the upper ic pipe to throttle body when i comes to couplers??? i can't find any round to oval adapters!!! so are u guys just geting round and streching them or what?? i seem to remember a picture with of a TGP engine bay with red couplers and it looked really nice!!!!!

That orange stuff I got was intake tube off a helicopter. I bought it from a hose and coupling store. You can find businesses like that in the industrial park of your town. Fluid coupling stores. The stuff you are going to most likely find will be blue with orange silicone lining.