About to be a proud owner of a t25 turbo...

Oldschool88SE

Well here goes, I'm bidding on a garrett t25 off ebay, it has the manifolds, X-over, wastgate, pretty much all the mechanical stuff there now my couple of questions are. Will my stock 2.8 that is in my 88 GP Se handle alittle boost, without mods? And what all do I have to do to install this puppy and get her running right? I really don't think I know what I'm getting myself into, I know engines fairly well, but never touched a turbo... Any help would be greatly appriciated. Oh and I've read the differences sticky about 50 times, just want to know if a stock N/A engine will hold up to a small amount of boost.... Thanks guys...

Yea the engine will hold some boost, but I'd be worried about your transmission...

keep in mind though you still need a bunch more things before you can complete the swap, such as the ECM, oil/coolant lines, oil cooler, oil pump, fuel pump, intercooler, charge pipes, TGP radiator (if going with stock intercooler), oil pan (if you're not going to tap/drill your own), map sensor, injectors, boost solenoid, and you'll have to run a few wires and I think the fuel lines might be different as well.

Guest TurboSedan

Gutless is right, you will need quite a few more parts to finish the project.

the downpipe pictured in the auction does not have the support bracket that bolts to the rear head. you'll need that.

the crossover pipe has the original heat sheilds, so you can bet it is cracked. plan on getting it rebuilt. Jeff M sells really nice crossover pipes but if you know of a reputable welding shop you can buy new SS braided flex bellows and have them welded in.

you don't need the entire, ECM....just the memcal. you also don't absolutely need the wastegate solenoid and for that matter you don't need to do any wiring for it either. you can run a $25 pneumatically controlled MBC. the factory ECM controlled wastegate may be better though.

there is a TGP radiator and injectors on ebay right now....i would suggest picking those up too. i have a nice TGP intercooler if you're interested.

boy I feel like a jackass thought for sure it was gonna be mine, got out bid with less than a minute left, oh well it went for more than I really wanted to pay, plus the wife would of shot me lol.

what do you consider A-town? I am in warren and ann arbor and know of two places you can get complete tgp engines for $500. Later Jay

Those injectors went for too much so i let them go also. I'll be getting a set this weekend for free, if they jy doesn't catch me :twisted:

about time there is somebody within an half hour radius of me! :mrgreen:

Oldschool88SE, next time you are going to Holland PM me and let me know...we should meet up so I can see this future LG5 project of yours!