Any interest in custom 3.1 headers?

MotorCityMike

I am marketing special interest headers for a local company. Currently they are producing custom headers for 3rd gen V6 F-Bodies ( http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151650 ) and 89-95 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe ( http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16813 )as well as others.

We are currently gauging interest in custom 3.1 W-Body headers. If there is enough demand for such a product one will be produced.

Some questions for the consumer...

1) What would you expect to pay?

2) Would you want a custom crossover pipe included?

3) Would you want mild steel or stainless construction?

4) Would you want high-temp coating available as an option?

We will entertain your thoughts and ideas and decide whether this product would be worth manufacturing. Please email me with your questions or comments at:

MichaelLasiuta@att.net

:cheers: :peace: Hell yes we want these made.

1) What would you expect to pay? around 5 bills

2) Would you want a custom crossover pipe included? yep

3) Would you want mild steel or stainless construction? hmm?

4) Would you want high-temp coating available as an option? yes

-JAY-

(chant): 3.4L DOHC! 3.4L DOHC! 3.4L DOHC!

I DO, BUT NO ONE WANTS TO JOIN! :shock: I think every DOHC gearhead has been waiting for the day that someone will actually make parts for the LQ1! MotorCityMike, can you add the 3.4 Liter DOHC on the list for us? Rockin'!!! :mrgreen: :worship: :naughty:

1) What would you expect to pay? no more than $600, please

2) Would you want a custom crossover pipe included? For a turbo? Hell Ya'!!!

3) Would you want mild steel or stainless construction? want cheapest, but also quality

4) Would you want high-temp coating available as an option? Oh yeah, the DOHC pumps out enough heat as is...

EDIT: Yeesh, Jay, settle.. you'll get your headers... relax! Whiner! :bawl: LOL! J/K!

- RedFox340

ditto on what Brian said.....but you'll have to be able to beat/meet the competition that is already working on them(S&S)......also there is someone else planning them........so the more the better!!!!! just get em right and make them soon :D

hell yeah!! We want 3.1L headers!! A crossover?? yes Stainless?? yes, poweder coating as an option?? yes. I would on pay like 300 for them. Thats just me, a poor college student, but if you did like Brian said, you could make them available for a wider range and thus reduce price.

-Robby

TOG and S&S have the gen 3 covered. The 3.1 W body has the passenger side dogbone to deal with (that mount gives you little room to work with there). Go to mymonte.com for DOHC headers...they have been talked about and a guy in ohio is willing to make them once he has a test car.

Too many factors im not seeing. Length, diameter, gauge, flange thickness.

(chant): 3.4L DOHC! 3.4L DOHC! 3.4L DOHC!

I DO, BUT NO ONE WANTS TO JOIN! :shock: I think every DOHC gearhead has been waiting for the day that someone will actually make parts for the LQ1! MotorCityMike, can you add the 3.4 Liter DOHC on the list for us? Rockin'!!! :mrgreen: :worship: :naughty:

1) What would you expect to pay? no more than $600, please

2) Would you want a custom crossover pipe included? For a turbo? Hell Ya'!!!

3) Would you want mild steel or stainless construction? want cheapest, but also quality

4) Would you want high-temp coating available as an option? Oh yeah, the DOHC pumps out enough heat as is...

EDIT: Yeesh, Jay, settle.. you'll get your headers... relax! Whiner! :bawl: LOL! J/K!

- RedFox340

You got the cash? If so i can make you some right here in loveland.

I can turbo it as well. you know my project is cake. I would HIGHLY recomend Stainless Steel. It hold in the heat more which increases gass velocity (prevents Scavenging) and also reduces engine bay temps. Mild steel gets hot and tend to cracks. Stainless doesn't crack NEARLY as easy. plus i can jet coat here in town as well.

I am currently building a set of turbo manifolds for a 3800 Series II. i will post pics. when done.

RedZ

Gen 3, the 3100 - headers? Where?

Jon

http://www.theotherguysproducts.com/

"340021 99/2002 Pontiac Grand Am with 3.4 Liter Install Instructions (pdf download) DYNO"

I heard that the 3400 and the 3100 are interchangeable. but don't quote me on that.. compare the 2 exhaust manifold gaskets and see if they match if so i would think it would bolt up.

RedZ

Well I think that counts just about everyone, including me!!!

oh yes, coating most definately, I would pay $500.00 for a set of 50state legal coated headers. heck I did for my 86' GP.

YES!!!!! and for the 3100 heheheh....