• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• digitaloutsider

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• Stevo

• Psych0matt

Let's start off with: Cowl hoods belong on muscle cars and sports cars.

We'll end it with: No sports or muscle cars are FWD V6's.

Howabout it doesn't have to serve a purpose on a FWD car as long as it looks good....and he likes it. Pretty sure there are some W-Bodys that can wipe the floor with some muscle cars. Oh and technically according to my insurance.....MY Z34 IS A SPORTS CAR.

well insurance says my TGP is a sports car, and that my moms GAGT is a sports car, i think any car that says GT, or what ever, is considerd a sports car

Just because I feel special and am really bored im gonna post.

88-94 z24 cowl hoods were all functional, they work rather well, they stick up off the hood about an inch, and compliment the z24 look.

Whether you like it or not its your opinion, some ppl like underglows some do not, some like towel racks on their trunk some do not, some like chrome some like flat colours. who cares

my opinion, not really worth the trouble, why not just get the louver hood? (don't know if its the same hood)

I have both the z24 and z34 love them both, hate them equally. atleast the cavie didnt break down, and atleast the lumy had power.

Don't bash chev bash the imports!

ok im unbored post on

It's really not about cosmetics.

Underglows, 'towel racks', chrome, flat colors serve no real function to the operation of the vehicle. It's all about 2 items that:

A) Allow for addon equipment clearance under the hood and moving hot air from the engine bay.

B) Putting a device on the rear of the car that ACTUALLY forces the rear end down at high speeds to assist traction.

All this regardless of the drive setup of the vehicle Front or Rear wheel drive.

bottom line.... functional or not

cowl hood on your car = teh ghey

now if it was a g-body or older muscle car than cowl away!

but stevo everyones not sayin if it works or not they are saying how ugly it is or isn't. That is why I put that.

and most aftermarket 5 foot wings are not even aerodynamic, they just look that way, I bet they would make your ass end lift if you went fast enough.

That's why they make front end spoilers for cars, to create downforce for the front tires. (Bumper spoiler not a wing on the hood for anyone who wants to be a smartass)

anywho, cowls do work, they look hideous half the time, and I wouldn't do it.

well insurance says my TGP is a sports car, and that my moms GAGT is a sports car, i think any car that says GT, or what ever, is considerd a sports car

CHA-CHING. I think you hit the nail on the head. Any Chevrolet vehicle with a ''Z'' is considered a sports model or higher grade vehicle.

Hey Z34_nut! I don't give a shit if it's a Lumina or not. You made the same mistake many people did. Lumina's are 3.1's a Z34 is a sports coupe! THAT MAKES IT A SPORTS CAR! Come on man, you of all people should know that. It says in EVERY single article.

Well, my Bonneville has "SSE" after it's name, that must make it a sports car, too. Give me a fucking break. Turbo Grand Prix's = Not sports cars. Grand Am GT's = Not sports cars. Lumina Z34's = Not sports cars. Z24 = Not sports cars.

NO W-BODY IS A GODDAMN SPORTS CAR.

It's a midsize family car, and unless you can prove to me otherwise, shove your attitude up your ass. It's a fucking Lumina, and whether you like it or not, no matter what you do to it, it'll never.. EVER.. be a sports car. You can make it fast, you can supercharge it, you can turbocharge it, hell.. you can even drop a V8 in it and make it RWD, but no matter what you do it, it'll always be a Lumina. So, keep living with your skewed perception of what a "sports car" is.

Next thing you know people will start buying econoboxes like Civics believing they're race cars and put wings, body kits, nitrous, and other ridiculous shit on them.. oh, wait..

bah, i think all cowl hoods are ugly, and thats just my oppinion.

however. if i see one, when i open the hood i better see one big blower, carb, or whatever that uses that space.

Well, my Bonneville has "SSE" after it's name, that must make it a sports car, too. Give me a fucking break. Turbo Grand Prix's = Not sports cars. Grand Am GT's = Not sports cars. Lumina Z34's = Not sports cars. Z24 = Not sports cars.

It's a midsize family car, and unless you can prove to me otherwise, shove your attitude up your ass. It's a fucking Lumina, and whether you like it or not, no matter what you do to it, it'll never.. EVER.. be a sports car. You can make it fast, you can supercharge it, you can turbocharge it, hell.. you can even drop a V8 in it and make it RWD, but no matter what you do it, it'll always be a Lumina. So, keep living with your skewed perception of what a "sports car" is.

Next thing you know people will start buying econoboxes like Civics believing they're race cars and put wings, body kits, nitrous, and other ridiculous shit on them.. oh, wait..

alrighty then, get ur panties up in a bunch, just stating what insurance says they are classed as, and urs isnt an SSE-i so urs isnt a sports car :P i know there not really sports cars, but its a cheap way insurance can make money

So, what is your definition of a sports car? Here's one from the web:

Main Entry: sports car

Function: noun

: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

You need to chill out a bit. Lots of people have different ideas on what a sports car is. There's no "proof" that something is a sports car! I always thought a sports car was one that was could be used on a race track or drag strip. Anybody ever see any w-bodies at the NASCAR or IHRA events? Hmmm.. ever seen a Lumina car run around the circle, or maybe a GP launching down a drag strip?

Where do you draw the line? Mid-size family car? A new Trans Am has rear seats that you can out kids in, just like my TGP. Horsepower? My TGP puts most 3-rd generation F-Bodies to shame, stock. My TGP went to a specialty shop for turbo-charging, special intake and exhaust and beefed up tranny. All to make getting groceries better? Fact is, there are a lot of FWD small displacement, high HP cars out there that would beat the snot out of what you might consider "sports cars".

How about Monte Carlos SSs? What's that stand for, Super Family Car? Nope, super SPORT! Hmmm.. maybe the manufacturers have no idea what a sports car is.

Until you get a job telling the difference between what is and isn't a sports car, why don't you just sit back, relax, and stop trying to badger other folks into accepting your opinion.

Not that I am a big fan of cowl hoods in general, but I do like the on the '69 Camaro Z28 and the early 70's Chevelles. Everything in its place.

LOL.. the original poster hasn't even replied to this thread.

Now you guys are bickering over what a "sports car" is. :roll:

This thread is officially ghey :fruity:

Yes indeed. And he is right; it appears that Jasond has not been back to this thread in its three pages (so far).

No point arguing for nothing. Everybody drink some beers and be friends again.

Main Entry: sports car

Function: noun

: a low small usually 2-passenger automobile designed for quick response, easy maneuverability, and high-speed driving

Nice! Z34 = 2 Doors, the rest = Z34. Yeah it's not a muscle car but it can lay the beat down on some that's for sure. 8)

I can't say I trust any W-body for high-speed driving, nor do I recall them handling like they're on rails. Not trying to be a hardass, but that definition just doesn't apply to our cars.

I can't say I trust any W-body for high-speed driving, nor do I recall them handling like they're on rails. Not trying to be a hardass, but that definition just doesn't apply to our cars.

Well, a 2004 GP GT feels a hell of alot tighter on the road than my 88 or 95 GP SEs did. I'd feel plenty comfortable taking that thing above 100mph....

• 3 weeks later...

My 94 z34 has been well over 100mph on an everyday basis almost since I bought it I like it and would classify the z34 as a sports car as well as I've been thinking about putting a mild cowl on my hood but just big enough to fit a few guages in it and get the heat out from under the hood but my cowl hood will have the existing hood louvers as well....