need some help installing tweeters

Smoke1991

I am all set with buying everything i need for my audio system, today i decided to get a start on doing things.

I can pretty much do everything but when i got to my alpine sps-171a component set i really have no fricken clue on how to install these guys.

the picture kinda helps, and i probably can figure that out, but the biggest thing is, on the back of the box they give you a cut out, so you can trace and cut a hole for the speaker, there is an inner and outer diamater to this little peice of cardboard that i took out, its either 2 1/8 or 2 1/4. anyone have some words of wisdom regarding this. Im planning on installing them on the doors, on the upper part of the carpeting.

thanks everyone.

I'm not to sure about the template you are using. Try sizing the template up to your speakers and see what fits. but I can tell you how I had components installed. I had the tweeter placed right beside the mirror on the door becuase there is a hole behind it for the power mirroe wires to go through. and I had the mid placed ontop of the doorpanel in the same location where the factory cutout in the door frame is for the Cutlasses. And I glued a piece of mdf behind the panel to screw the mid into and to also make the pannel more rigid. And sandwiched the panel between the mdf and the speaker.

I hope this hepls.....if not I appologize. :)