Painted my bumper yesterday

Kalgorn

I didn't think this belonged in Member Mobiles since I'm not really showing off my car, just something quick I did to it.

I didn't repaint the whole bumper; just sanded down the bad spot and the lower valence but I sprayed a coat onto the spots where there were a lot of rock chips. I don't think the pictures make it look as good as it does. But, no matter what, it still looks tons better than what it did.

BEFORE:

lumina9.jpg

pinstripe%20001.jpg

pinstripe%20002.jpg

AFTER:

bumper%20001.jpg

bumper%20002.jpg

bumper%20003.jpg

EDIT: I still have to throw down at least one more coat. It started to chip off on the drive back to school yesterday (kind of expected it to... but I hoped it wouldn't).

I did sand it. I used 60, then 220, then wet sanded with 400.

I didn't use primer though because I didn't feel it was necessary.

I used spray paint meant specifically for plastic that said no primer was needed so I didn't worry about it.

There is a coating they make that you should put down on the plastic before any type of primer or paint. It makes the paint stick to plastic.

Actually it's a flex agent thats put into the paint. Usually put into cheap ass integrated clear coat paints.

there is a new kind of primer out there that almost foams after it sprayed. it would be perfict for this kinda work. i had a gash about 1/4 inch deep in the side skirt on my Z and it worked perfict to fill and smooth it. and since it was primer, i just painted right over it when i was done. they have it in red and grey. i would still use one or two coats of sandable primer after that stuff and a few layers of paint and clear, but its the best way i know of yet

there is a new kind of primer out there that almost foams after it sprayed. it would be perfict for this kinda work. i had a gash about 1/4 inch deep in the side skirt on my Z and it worked perfict to fill and smooth it. and since it was primer, i just painted right over it when i was done. they have it in red and grey. i would still use one or two coats of sandable primer after that stuff and a few layers of paint and clear, but its the best way i know of yet

any details? lik,e a name and place to buy it?

any details? lik,e a name and place to buy it?

Yeah, I would also like to know. That would be ideal for my repairs.