91 Z34 PS question

Darksyde

I've used the search feature so don't rip me...yet. I'm losing fluid quickly. Heavy turning results in big ole pile of PS fluid. Looks like it's coming from the pass. side rear of engine compartment. My guess was either a line or the rack itself. I have not yet been able to get a real close look at it. Now to my question(s)......If it is the rack is it difficult? If it's a line do i absolutely need to drop the subframe? Is there anyway around it? Also i'm not a mechanic newbie....been doing it for a while now. I dunno sometimes that matters on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated before i dive in blind.

The high pressure line is somewhat common for leaking, lift the car and check between the trans and the subframe. It tends to leak at the coupler between the rubber hose and metal line, you can cut the metal clamps and install hydraulic hose with metal reinforcement double hose clamped on each end to repair it. I did it on my '92 Z34 and it hasn't leaked a drop since. I now need to do it on my '92 GP, it's leaking in the same exact spot.