Do you abuse your W-Body?

19Cutlass94

Do you abuse your W-Body  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you abuse your W-Body

The highest I got my car was 4500 RPM cuz I gave my friend a ride in the cutty cuz he never has and I showed him the power of the 3100 :lol: in which I found out in 2nd she pulls like a bastard

I go about every 4500 to 5000 miles in between oil changes, cuz the oil needs to get in the engine and stay in, and get dirty so it take take out all that shit in there. 900 miles? that oil is probably still golden when it comes out

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• HokemBokem

• dsgrntld187

• dbtk2

The highest RPM mine has hit is 5250, I push the bitch to her limits :lol:

it should shift at 5500...hell i've hit my rev limiter at least 3-4 times in the last week lol

it should shift at 5500...hell i've hit my rev limiter at least 3-4 times in the last week lol

:lol: :lol:

I've hit mine 3-4 times this morning, and all I did was give my brother a ride to school...

Changing the oil at 900 miles is nonsense. I try to change mine every 2500 miles, but it usually ends up being every 2700 or so, this time it ended up being almost exactly 3000 miles. I don't go over 3k though. Usually the oil is pretty black when I change it too, but I do beat the shit out of my w's, so that makes sense.

Shawn

With the 3100, Im not worried about that motor breaking at all, cuz they can take abuse, but the tranny, I dont know whats worse, stepping into it (pretty deep) from a dead stop or hittin the rev limiter and the hard shifts. cuz Ive never replaced a tranny but I cant imagine its a fun time. cuz I think the tranny takes the most abuse out of anything on the car.

Anybody use that synethic oil? Im thinkin about using the Val. highmileage syn. compared to just the regular high mileage oil.

No, i usually don't abuse mine, its not worth it anyway. all that wasted gas and shortened egine/tranny life for what? nothing, except for lots of noise (sounds like a distressed vacuum cleaner) and little power. its more embarassing than anything else. i do, however, beat on it when im:

1. Mad

2. See someone i know

3. Racing my friend's Kia Sportage (which i can easily beat)

cornering at high speeds yields the same embarassment: i almost get thrown out of the door or thrown into the passenger seat. this car is good for transporting me around. not much else.

No, i usually don't abuse mine, its not worth it anyway. all that wasted gas and shortened egine/tranny life for what? nothing, except for lots of noise (sounds like a distressed vacuum cleaner) and little power. its more embarassing than anything else.

:werd:

The 2.8 in my '89 is just plain wimpy, the 3.4 in the 94 is just less wimpy.

I drive like a grandma. I don't even really speed.

Wasted gas = not worth it.

Wasting tires (expensive 18's at that) = not worth it.

Kicking up rocks at higher speeds and hurting the body = not worth it.

Shortening engine/tranny life = not worth it.

Shortening brake pad life = not worth it.

Potential to get in an accident = not worth it.

The only time I'm ever hard on the car is if someone pisses me off in traffic, but I've been making a conscious effort to keep my road rage levels down.

Amen. my engine can get the car up to cruising speed with no problems. the low end torque is decent. doing it quickly, however, is another story.

I really cant complain bout the 3100. Has enough power for what I need it. Cuz I guess if I really wanted to go fast and such, a w-body with a 3100 is not really the choice to go with :lol: As far as cornering, she sticks to th road like freakin glue. Since I got the new tires with my rims, I havent been able to squeal the tires at all around corners, and Ive tried :lol:

I agree, lately Ive been driving and not allowing my self to go aboe 2000RPM cuz thats where I get the best gas mileage, about 28mpg (city) last time I figured out the gas mileage, was when I was hittin about 3000RPM and not often, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, and the mileage went down to nearly 23mpg (city)

Do you know how rediculously slow you have to go to keep revs under 2000??? I can't even get up my driveway keeping the revs that low...yes I have a steep driveway but still, I could understand maybe 3500rpm, but keeping revs under 2k is kinda overkill isn't it?

Shawn

Guest TurboSedan

i actually drive each of my cars differently.

SSE - i drive this car like a grandma. i never get on it because it's probably the slowest car i've ever owned. the hardest i've ever been on it was at the strip a few weeks ago. there is no way i'd ever try street racing anything in this car; i think a Geo Metro would probably stand a good chance against it :lol:

Cutlass - i do abuse it, and probably will more so now that it's turbocharged. when it was NA it was still pretty zippy, but mostly just fun to drive since it has a manual transmission. it was also alot faster than my SSE even back when it was NA. i used to do alot of burnouts with it, but after i blew chunks of aluminum out of the first Getrag 282 i swapped in i stopped doing that.

GTS - now i just totally abuse the shit of this car :lol: it takes it no problem too, even with 231,000+ miles. when i'm driving this car i typically look for street races, hit full boost just about every chance i get etc.

damn i can't wait to hit 10psi in the Cutlass :twisted: i'm sure the 227,000 mile engine will just love it :wink:

Shit, I drove the Bonneville down my road a few minutes ago. (Not driving for a little over a week made me go insane) and hit redline about 3 times. My road is 2.5 miles long.. I didn't baby the GP at all. My dad didn't either. Original engine and tranny lasted 185k miles. The transmission just finally lost 2nd gear. But hey.. it was cool before it went out! I had this badass bang-screech 1-2 shift. People thought I had a shift kit! :lol:

Yeah but my car also has 130,000 miles on it now and doesn't exactly shift like its supposed to either :lol:

Do you know how rediculously slow you have to go to keep revs under 2000??? I can't even get up my driveway keeping the revs that low...yes I have a steep driveway but still, I could understand maybe 3500rpm, but keeping revs under 2k is kinda overkill isn't it?

Shawn

not at all, even thought I have the 3100, if I keep it under 2000RPM or just at 2000RPM, I can get cruising at a good pace. The car actually pulls pretty hard at 2000RPM, nothing like 3500RPM but still it pulls.

not at all, even thought I have the 3100, if I keep it under 2000RPM or just at 2000RPM, I can get cruising at a good pace. The car actually pulls pretty hard at 2000RPM, nothing like 3500RPM but still it pulls.

Is the 3100 the biggest engine you've ever owned by any chance? :lol:

Oh jesus I abused my car last night :oops:

Raced these two hot girls that were at my party last month. She had a newer Chrysler sedan and I whooped her ass. At the green light I slammed on the accelerator so hard my tires chirped pretty damn good. Havent made them do that since before the engine rebuild.

Is the 3100 the biggest engine you've ever owned by any chance? :lol:

No, Ive drove chevy 350's before but for what it is, it pulls

I baby my Cutty, I drive it no harder than any of my other cars. I've gotten on it on the highway a few times, but that is about it. Though with the 5spd/hoq4, it is kinda fun to get on it near the 3k. :)

Korey