Do you abuse your W-Body?

19Cutlass94

Do you abuse your W-Body  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you abuse your W-Body

Like the title says do you abuse your W-Body? Some people (I know around by me this is very true) that people abuse there car, as in every red light must mean a drag race to the next. They must live my the motto drive it like you stole it for the whole cars life :lol:

I know I step into it a little bit, just having some fun every once and a while, but I try not to kill her everyday cuz shes gotta last me through college. Plus Im afraid my 4T60-E will shit the bed if I abuse her too much :lol:

If this topic has been asked and everything before, Im very sorry. I did a search, yes I actually used the search button!!! but I didnt find anything of this sort.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• HokemBokem

• dsgrntld187

• dbtk2

I know I step into it a little bit, just having some fun every once and a while, but I try not to kill her everyday cuz shes gotta last me through college. Plus Im afraid my 4T60-E will shit the bed if I abuse her too much :lol:

That's basically how I feel. If the tranny were 100% I might drive it a bit harder (like take it to the track :( ) but I still probably woun't drive it too hard cause gas costs too much.

My old car (1988 GP) I beat the hell out off all the time. It was lots of fun and the engine/trans were still good when it got hauled to the junkyard. I must have done at least 40 runs in total down the 1/4 mile too. :)

i get into her a lil bit but i never do anything i'd consider ABUSE...i mean, i don't smoke em @ every light or anything like that...i'd consider that ABUSE...of course, if/when i get the L67 they'll be a lil bit of tire burning going on...

I beat the living hell out of my Cutlass.

I floor it from almost everywhere (with a 17 second 1/4, it's hard not to), brake hard all the time, play in the snow when it's there (=scrape under front bumper from concrete barrier in parking lot), pull 1-wheel-wonders around corners, sometimes with the e-brake on.

The only things I don't do are neutral bomb and offroad it.

When I first got it, I used to drive her pretty hard, bit 95% of the time I drive pretty easy (revs don't go past 3200rpm) and I've adjusted my driving so I'm not as hard on everything.

I'll admit, there are times when someone is fuckin' pissing me off and my foot with hit the floor with the gas pedal under it..but that is rare now. I don't race at every green light either...

And I NEED to be hard on the brakes unfortunately because they suck so much...3/4 of the pedal is pretty much dead...then they kick in from 3/4 to the floor lol

I need this car to last me a bit still, plus the tranny seems a little tired, so I take t easy on it now.

Anyway, all in all, I take it easy, do the speed limit, and average 21mpg in the city now :D lol

I used to beat the piss out of my STE. After I did the topend my tranny only lasted 2 months, and it was only that long because it wasn't running at full power until a month and a half afterwards. After I got a new tranny it lasted about a week and a half. So now it sits..... I really beat the crap out of it. I was sitting and thinking about it the other day and I beat on that thing so much its pretty amazing it even lasted as long as it did. I am a little scared to beat on the Lumina now because of the STE, but I still do. Someone pulls up next to me at a stoplight and you can bet your ass the Lumina is gonna hold its own. I try not to beat on it if at all possible, but I still don't know how long its gonna last. I really need to get something else to drive around so I'm not so scared to go out and try to break the thing at the strip.

Shawn

i most certinally do not beat on mine or abuse her. i run it abit hard from time to time, but thats all. right now i have blood sweat and tears... plus a pile of money invested into it, not going to loose it all... again.

The only blood on my car is from when she left me stranded when the alternator died and my friend's and I were trying to push her up a small incline...except the road was all ice so we couldn't get any footing....so I was pushing on the A pillar and repeatily cut my finger on the forzen razor sharp weather stripping lol...funny thing is my hands were frozen so I didn't feel a thing, only time I noticed was when I had blood all over me and the car lol....then I look at my hand and the whole pinky is cut to shit...oh well, I can laugh about it now since I haven't had any other problems then the alternator.

The only blood on my car is from when she left me stranded when the alternator died and my friend's and I were trying to push her up a small incline...except the road was all ice so we couldn't get any footing....so I was pushing on the A pillar and repeatily cut my finger on the forzen razor sharp weather stripping lol...funny thing is my hands were frozen so I didn't feel a thing, only time I noticed was when I had blood all over me and the car lol....then I look at my hand and the whole pinky is cut to shit...oh well, I can laugh about it now since I haven't had any other problems then the alternator.

How do you cut you're finger on weather stripping?

Cutlass - Yes, ran that car pretty hard the last year I've had it.

Grand Prix - Rip on the tires every now and then just for fun or to show off to the cool 15 yr old girls, but other than that, I behave. I just made the 1st payment this month so it's gotta last a couple more years!

Na, thats not abuse, right? :lol:

I abuse it time to time (Flooring it up a hill when cold trying to break the 40mph speed berrier) Good old 2.8.!

God damn this fucking p.o.s. motor, I want a 3.4!

haha na thats just an accident :lol:

I must admit, yesturday I was curious what my car would do 0-60 when I was with my friend, so I stepped into it, got it up to about 4500RPM which was the most Ive ever gotten into it. Didnt have any way of keeping track of the time for the 0-60 but it seemed like it could have been in the 6's

I'm hard on any car I have, but not to the point of flooring it at stoplights. I never do that. I just accellerate hard from them, and I'm hard on the highway, redline runs at every onramp, etc. Good old 4T60E has been good to me so far, but I think she was rebuilt at 124k, and I got 138k on her now. It's even more fun now after the 3400 intake swap. :twisted:

Guest TurboSedan
Didnt have any way of keeping track of the time for the 0-60 but it seemed like it could have been in the 6's

:lol: no way....i'd say more like 9-10 seconds. 6 seconds would be more like a TGP.

The only time I ever "abused" my Regal was when I first testdrove it. I floored it from a dead stop (going straight ahead) and smoked the front meats pretty good. That put a shit-eating grin on my face, and I seem to have one on every time I drive that sucker. Driving an N-Body every day makes me appreciate the Regal even more :D .

I was a little harsh on my old 95 GP (taking corners too fast, racing Civics every once and a while) but nothing too terrible. I found out at a young age (with my 80 Skylark) that FWD GM trannies don't hold up too well when you do neutral drops all the time :lol: ...

Most people would say I abuse my Cutlass, but I don't think its anything it can't handle...

3.1L revs to 4500+ every time i drive it

Drag Racing

Autocrossing...Autocrossing is especially hard on it because I run the trans in "1" for the whole track most of the time, plus the hard cornering involved.

Honestly, in my esperience they are very tough cars...I am always on time with maintence and do plenty of preventative maintence.

This car has been wonderful so far (except the turn signal switch and A/C, and rear struts)...runs 16.5 1/4's, comfortable, gets over 30mpg almost every time I drive it on the freeway (got 34mpg on memorial day weekend)...plenty of midrange power for a daily driver...

I can afford to fix it in the event it breaks anyway...so i'm not too worried

Most people would say I abuse my Cutlass, but I don't think its anything it can't handle...

3.1L revs to 4500+ every time i drive it

Drag Racing

Autocrossing...Autocrossing is especially hard on it because I run the trans in "1" for the whole track most of the time, plus the hard cornering involved.

Honestly, in my esperience they are very tough cars...I am always on time with maintence and do plenty of preventative maintence.

This car has been wonderful so far (except the turn signal switch and A/C, and rear struts)...runs 16.5 1/4's, comfortable, gets over 30mpg almost every time I drive it on the freeway (got 34mpg on memorial day weekend)...plenty of midrange power for a daily driver...

I can afford to fix it in the event it breaks anyway...so i'm not too worried

I wouldn't say that I abuse it too much, but I did think that I broke something at the autocross. Warranties are good, mmmmkay 8) .