Do you abuse your W-Body?

19Cutlass94

Do you abuse your W-Body  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you abuse your W-Body

I abuse it. That's how I blew my first tranny. It had been slipping for quite a while and banging on the rev limiter between the 1-2 shift until I would let off. I had just gotten gas and was in the car with a buddy of mine. I pulled out of a parking lot and floored it. I didn't let off for the 1-2 shift and it shattered the input shaft...

I try to drive sane most of the time, but I still get on it every single time I drive it.

Tim

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 19Cutlass94

• HokemBokem

• dsgrntld187

• dbtk2

no way....i'd say more like 9-10 seconds. 6 seconds would be more like a TGP.

9-10 seconds seems like a long time to get to 60. Next time Im out driving Ill make sure I have a stopwatch with me and Ill time it. :lol:

no way....i'd say more like 9-10 seconds. 6 seconds would be more like a TGP.

9-10 seconds seems like a long time to get to 60. Next time Im out driving Ill make sure I have a stopwatch with me and Ill time it. :lol:

Well you do have a 3100. I don't think a TGP could do it in 6 seconds though.

I guess I was just having so much fun driving around friday that it just seemed like it was 6's. I think realistcally 8's is just about right

I beat up on mine, thats why the torque converter, trans, front struts, ball joints, tie rods, rear struts, and power steering have gone to shit.

I beat up on mine, thats why the torque converter, trans, front struts, ball joints, tie rods, rear struts, and power steering have gone to shit.

thats quite the list :lol:

Well when your lost in Detroit and you decide to jump a 3" curb because it looks like a driveway, that ruins some things :lol: . Getting ran off the road by a Shitstar GL ruins some others, and... I dunno, sharp turns?

I guess I was just having so much fun driving around friday that it just seemed like it was 6's. I think realistcally 8's is just about right

well a 3400 Nbody that is about 400 pounds lighter does 8 seconds, and a 3100 nbody (pre 98 ) thats about 2900lbs does it in about 9 or so, id say ur in the 9-10 second range

Well you do have a 3100. I don't think a TGP could do it in 6 seconds though.

That depends on what is done to it, all it would take is a chip and you would be pretty close. My STE will do it in the low 5's. My Lumina is probably right around 6 seconds flat, maybe high 5's but don't quote me on that. According to my G-tech my STE did 6.8 0-60 stock, and it ran quicker at the track then it did on the g-tech so I think if anything thats high.

Shawn

I baby my car, dosent see much past 3000rpm, oil change every 1500km (yes thats like every 900 miles) I do cruise a bit above the speed limit no matter where I am and I do beat those brakes like they were my own child but thats the extent of harsh treatment for this 88, see she's been in my family since new and with 270,000 kms I think she put in her work of bein driven hard with low maintenance so now its baby baby baby for her

I respect this car and cant afford another so I treat her that way y'know

i beat on my pos all the fucking time hoping she will die so i can get a new motor :lol:

I do the same but in hopes to get a new car.

hold on you beat on your car with a newly rebuilt motor in it WTF?! :shock:

i beat on my pos all the fucking time hoping she will die so i can get a new motor :lol:

I do the same but in hopes to get a new car.

hold on you beat on your car with a newly rebuilt motor in it WTF?! :shock:

A dont really beat on it to much. Just accelerate pretty good at most stop lights and sometimes take corners a little fast. But even with teh new motor the car still feels like something is gonna break soon. I think it is the tranny though and if that goes im getting a new car.

I baby my car, dosent see much past 3000rpm, oil change every 1500km (yes thats like every 900 miles)

wtf :think:

I think thats a little obsessive. I dont even think that is enough time to let the oil fully break in.

I baby my car, dosent see much past 3000rpm, oil change every 1500km (yes thats like every 900 miles)

I think thats a little obsessive. I dont even think that is enough time to let the oil fully break in.

Easton is right here, changing the oil that frequently, I believe, is actually detrimental to the engine. I don't change but every 5000 miles with my car.

Easton is right here, changing the oil that frequently, I believe, is actually detrimental to the engine. I don't change but every 5000 miles with my car.

Yea I give my car anywhere from 3000-4500 miles to change the oil.

And can you tell us why you change your oil every 900 miles?

i'm still gonna stick with my 3k oil change intervals...i like to keep my fresh motor fresh lol...

Yea thats a normal oil changing interval. 900 miles is just crazy though