mounting of my front amp

GrandPrix34

I was planning to mount a 4 channel amp on my dash...lol

My idea was pulling the dash pad which is terribly cracked after some armor-all was applied...coincidence? :x

My current audio setup is Infinity Kappa 4x6's in the front with Pioneer 3-ways in the rear which I plan to replace with Infinity Kappa's.

So without the dash pad, you can see all the grooves and whatnot of the dashboard and have the AudioBahn amp mounted on the dash in the passenger side.

WHat do you guys think?

That would look like SHIT.

1. Looks like shit.

2. Easier (IMO) to have all the bigger wires run to the trunk where you can hide them, then just speaker wires going to where they are suppose to be.

3. Having an amp visible from your windshield is just asking to have your car broken into. :roll:

4. It would look like shit. Get a new dashpad.

It would look like shit and finding room to safely mount a 4 channel in your dash would be difficult. Mounting it in the trunk for the front speakers wouldn't be a goo idea because for maximum efficientcy (sp) you want the speaker wires as short as possible. Put it under one of the front seats.

I got my amp under the drivers seat, 4 channel amp, but its raelly nice because when you drive down the road, if you get the adjustable bass control, you can just adjust it when your driving.

I got my amp under the drivers seat, 4 channel amp, but its raelly nice because when you drive down the road, if you get the adjustable bass control, you can just adjust it when your driving.

Wish I could put an amp under one of my front seats... but I can't. Driver's side is power seat with all the motors and junk, and passenger side has the black box or whatever it's called. :lol:

Mounting in the trunk shouldn't be a problem as long as you are using good speaker wire at least 16g or better.

Having an amp visible from your windshield is just asking to have your car broken into. :roll:

you AINT kidding

what are you thinking man??

people are scandalus. put that amp on your dash i guarentee it wont be there longer than a month!!