Car CD Players....

1990lumina

Mods, I don't know whether to put this here, or in Car Audio, but it isn't in relation to w-bodys, so I thought here would be better...

I'm planning to buy a new deck for my RX-7 soon.

Honestly, I don't care if it plays MP3s or not...cheaper is better, however, here are two things I want.

1. Display must light up red, or display in red...(to match the interior lights in the RX.

2. Must have a rotary volume knob.

I've been looking at the cheapest Panasonic deck that they make...display, and the rest of the buttons would match perfectly, however it doesn't have a rotary volume knob....SOB!

And I'm looking at 1 DIN units now since I also need to have a detachable face...car might be in some fairly "bad" areas during summer.

Thanks!!

- Jeff L.

Anyone else have any ieas?? I checked into the Sonys and they don't seem have red lighting anymore...

Thanks

- Jeff L.

Anyone else have any ieas?? I checked into the Sonys and they don't seem have red lighting anymore...

Thanks

- Jeff L.

Say What? The ones I see at walmart do.

Hmm, maybe I should just go out and check in person instead of shopping on the net lol...I went through all the new Sonys on the Sony website and they all lite up blue, or at least had a blue back light...

Anyway, I have to buy my mom something for mother's day so I'll check tomorrow while I'm out doing that

- Jeff L.

Thanksm I'll check into that.

I'm looking for something like this:http://www.easthamiltonradio.on.ca/CloseUpDecksPanCQC1001.htm

I would by the above, but it doesn't have rotary volume knob....damnit!

- Jeff L.

Any alpine I've ever seen has looked cheap. Get a Pioneer and just don't worry about colour coordination. Nothing aftermarket is going to match perfectly.

True, but I want to match it as close as possible...only reason I'm going aftermarket is finding the original radio/cassette/equalizer and the joy stick speaker balancer for the center console will be next to impossible, plus I'd like the factory amps...but if I was lucky enough to even find the factory deck, I'd figure a way to make aftermarket amps work lol...

- Jeff L.