Z34+rwd=?

Busch

has anyone converted a w-car to rear wheel drive, or thought about it? :idea: I have been thinking about this for awhile and I think i'll try it. I've always liked Z34's and I found one the other day, good body, bad3.4dohc, cheap, perfect specimen. Any ideas or comments I would like to hear. I know it will take alot of fabrication, mostly to the floorpan, and for the drive axle. I want to keep it as stock looking as possible. just wondering if anyones attempted this before.

yeah, I remember seeing the pictures on the Grand Prix...basically it was the body and interior on a heavily modified chassis. That would be a project that I could only dream about and never pull off!

click here to see a pic of my black RWD Z-34

I have one too.. Only mine is white..

I thought it was soccerplayrgp or something along the lines of soccer who did the RWD on that Grand Prix..

Yeah, I think Steve is right.

I also have some pics of an RWD Cutlass and an older RWD Grand Prix. No two people do it the same. The ones I have pics of have completely reconstructed tube frames.

I've fantasized about doing it to one of my cars based on a C5 rolling chassis, but it's just a fantasy because to start doing a project like that could get overwhelming real quick.

I'm pretty sure I saw pictures of it being finished. but he used a N* and a 6-speed out of a camaro.

yeah that car was awesome.... i hope he finished it ok. I think he actually took all the front and rear suspension components out of the camaro as well.

Yeah, I think Steve is right.

I also have some pics of an RWD Cutlass and an older RWD Grand Prix. No two people do it the same. The ones I have pics of have completely reconstructed tube frames.

I've fantasized about doing it to one of my cars based on a C5 rolling chassis, but it's just a fantasy because to start doing a project like that could get overwhelming real quick.

I've been playing with general dimensions and dreaming of hitting the lottery so I could stuff a C6 drivetrain in a 4-door Lumina :twisted:

- Justin

I've been playing with general dimensions and dreaming of hitting the lottery so I could stuff a C6 drivetrain in a 4-door Lumina :twisted:

:lol:

Does the C6 still use the rear tranny setup like the C5?

thanks for the links 5speedz34, I was planing on using the g-car rear as well. not sure about front suspension yet, may stick with struts. the engine i will be using is a 01 GenIII 6.0l with 03 Z06 cam, shouldnt be as tight a fit as that northstar. this project will probably take me a year or more but cant wait to get started

has anyone converted a w-car to rear wheel drive, or thought about it? :idea: I have been thinking about this for awhile and I think i'll try it. I've always liked Z34's and I found one the other day, good body, bad3.4dohc, cheap, perfect specimen. Any ideas or comments I would like to hear. I know it will take alot of fabrication, mostly to the floorpan, and for the drive axle. I want to keep it as stock looking as possible. just wondering if anyones attempted this before.

It's been done before. I am currently in the same intrest as you are. I got a quote for fabricated chasis and rollcage RWD conversion

8 G's man

:lol:

Does the C6 still use the rear tranny setup like the C5?

Yes, and the wheelbase and front and rear track are within 2"-2.5" all the way around. This would require tons of custom fabricating, but it would be so much fun to have an LS2/6speed/RWD 4 door gen 1 Lumina.

- Justin

• 2 weeks later...

There was a 1999 Grand Prix GTP with a full Buick Grand National drivetrain in it. Mmm.. RWD GTP with a Turbo 3.8.. Yum.. they wanted 55,000 dollars for it.. :roll:

• 10 months later...