brake light switch?

stockgp

90 gp with 93 interior harness. for some reason my brake pedal doesn't come up far enougt to shut off my brake lights any more. i have a switch from a 93 but it won't fir in the spot where my vacuum-controlled cruise cut-off switch went (the hole is too large).

i'm guessing the hole for the 90 cruise cut-off switch is about 1/2" diameter and the 93 brake light switch is aboiut 3/8" diameter. is there a spacer in the later w's to fit this hole or am i sol? i can't think of another way to get the 93 switch to fit.

the '93 switch was mounted NEXT to the vacuum release for the cruise control. The best thing you could do is find a spot next to it and drill a hole, and be sure the switch lines up with the brake pedal arm.

i don't know. i don't remember exactly what was holding it in. it's been a year since i took it out of the donor car. i assumed it was similar to the metal spacer that was holding my old cruise control cut off switch in place. :shrug:

i don't know. i don't remember exactly what was holding it in. it's been a year since i took it out of the donor car. i assumed it was similar to the metal spacer that was holding my old cruise control cut off switch in place. :shrug:

yeah it's like that, but plastic and thicker.