How 2 hook up a trip comp. on a '95 GP

kadeas

PLEASE HELP...I need to know where to find the wiring harness for the trip computer on a 95 Grand Prix 2 door. It has the 3100 V6. It didn't have a trip comp. when I bought it, just had the small cubby hole. I was told all 95 GP's had this option wired but I can't find the plug!!! Where does it go from the dash, to the ECM? Thanks in advance![/b]

Look behind the cubby hole on the left side, there will be a wiring harness bundled up in foam and electrical tape, straight back behind the dash where the cubby sits. I did the exact same thing with my car. This harness also has the HUD plugs.

Ok...I called a Pontiac dealer, he ran my VIN # and said my car was not wired for that option-package! Great! Now what? Rewire the whole car?

Can I get the harness from trip comp. to ECM?

Thanks for the help!

it should be way back towards the firewall, like I said before you might have to dig it out.......easiest way to get to it would be lying on your back and looking up at the mess.......

Ok guys, I've looked and looked, still no luck. The dealer ran my VIN # and swears my car isn't wired for the HUD or the t. comp.

Is he full of spit or what??? He said its a package option and my GP doesn't support that package.???WTF!!

I'll keep looking, there is alot of wires with the remote start and security system and all. BTW, I followed the headlight wiring harness all the way behind the radio where it connects to a large bundle of wires, and no plugs. I was told that it should be in with headlight wires if it's there. Is this so?

Thanks all!

Did you even look where I said? It's behind the smaller cubby hole on the left side, straight back. They're all bundled up behind a small sheet of foam, yank that foam out, you'll see black electrical tape.

Just take your finger and stick it straight back in the rectangle behind where the cubby on the left side went, and tear that foam out. If you can, get a pic.

Yes I looked in the small cubby on the left side, and in the hole with the removeable cover like the fuse box has. I have some pics. but not sure how to post. Help please!

And you stuck your fingers back in that rectangular hole, and there's no harness back there? Odd. Maybe someone mucked with it when they installed the remote start. Do you have a HUD?

Ok, I've poked around, just short of ripping the steering wheel off and no luck.

I can see behind the dash pretty good too. I installed the remote start and alarm, so no foul play there. I saw where the wires went in the GP I got the trip c. out of, and I can't find any plugs or wires like it on mine:-( Also, I don't have a HUD unit, but was goung to get the one off the car I got the trip c. off of but don't want to spend the extra 35.00 if I can't hook it up!

Where's Johns place? I need all the help I can get!