Goodridge SS Brake lines??Any input..

veritasz34

Well like alot of W body owners I'm working on the brakes again..Since the brake lines have never been changed to my knowledge I will probably change them this summer..I was looking at the Goodridge brake lines. When compared to buying regular rubber ones they are not really that much more..Does anyone have any experience with these on a W body car??If so haw do they perform and what is the build quality??Thanks in advance...

So these replace the hoses that run from the lines to the caliper (the flexible piece?)

you are correct

also you need to have bubble flairs for these to work!!! double flairs will leak and not seal properly...

so they are not direct replacements? i need to have the lines re-done or at least re flared?

Please excuse my ignorance about a flaring kit, but could you post me a link or a part number of some sort??If all goes well I'll be working on the brake system in a week or so..Thanks...

Please excuse my ignorance about a flaring kit, but could you post me a link or a part number of some sort??If all goes well I'll be working on the brake system in a week or so..Thanks...

http://www.etoolcart.com/browseproducts/FLARE-KIT-ISO-AST-7827.html

EDIT: If you change your lines to the SS ones and need a kit, check a few local auto & hardware stores for a kit first. I've purchased both my flaring kits for about $10 cheaper than the prices listed on that site for those type kits.

I just bought the brake line kit from tirerack. It comes with the lines as pictured with the red tabs attached, but it also came with a little bag filled with extra fittings. Are these the bubble fittings or something else?