Sorta weird tranny issue

Robby1870

Alright, as many remember, I had my tranny rebuilt in November of 2004. They did not replace any of the solenoids as they said they all looked fine. Also, I cant remember if this problem happened before or after I had it rebuilt. About an hour or so into a long drive (usually me going home from school, a 5 hour trip), the Tq Converter, while cruising on the highway, will un lock momentarily, then lock back up, then unlock, etc. It does this randomly. I can be going straight and it wont do it for 15min, then all of a sudden it'lll go off and on for minutes at a time. This last trip back up to school from home was the worst. However, when its not doing the on off thing, I can put a lot of throttle into and it wont kick off, meaning the TCC is holding well and that the probable cause is an electric issue. All of the gears 1-4 and R work wonderfully and all shifts are crisp. What I am thinking the problem is, is the plug on the front of the tranny. Ive had success before stopping and jiggling that plug and the problem will go away for a while. My other thought is the solenoid. But, a third thought floating around is the ECM, since its sending the signal to lock up. I havent checked the fluid level properly, but the color is perfect. Im really stumped on where to begin. To start with, Im thinking of just pulling the plug on the tranny, as driving like this more annoying that an anything; I'd rather just have 1-4 with no TCC. The sound of exhaust tone going from a nice drone with the TCC locked up to a slightly higher sound is really annoyting. Anyway, thats the problem best I can describe it. Sorry for the long post. TIA