Will a 4T60E From '94 beretta fit '92 lumina Z34?

lowes71

I was wondering if the tranny from a '94 Beretta W/3.1 will fit in a '92 Lumina Z34 W/3.4.Both cars have the 4T60E tranny in the.But will the bolt up the same and the gear ratio's be the same or not?I called 2 local dealers and they couldn't tell me yes or no.All they said was the gear ratios might be different.Plus they told me to call a junk yard,So,I did and they told me probably wouldn't fit.Please Help if you can.Because I found A tranny with only 150 miles on it and it still looks new.

Thanks,

James

1992 Chevy Lumina Z34

Needing a tranny badly!!!!!!!!

No, the gear ratios will not be correct.

The 3100 engine used in the Beretta w/4T60-E had a 3.33 final drive.

The 3.4 DOHC uses a 4T60-E with 3.43 final drive.

You'd lose a lot of low-end with the Beretta tranny.

The internal gear ratios of the transmission are the same, its a different final drive ratio. The difference between 3.43 and 3.33 is only 3%. Your engine will spin slower at a given road speed. I doubt you would ever notice. Using the correct torque converter would have more effect on performance. As for it bolting up, I would imagine the 3.1L / 3.4L are the same bolt pattern since they are near identical engine blocks, but i am not 100% sure. A transmission shop should be able to tell you.

the wiring is definitely different, and would need some cutting/splicing. pull the side cover of the trans when you get it to see what of the 4 or so options of wiring it would be. actually only one of the options has all the same sensors and solenoids as the 91-93 dohc trannies. i wouldnt know what to do if it had less or more solenoids, etc...