Can your car beat it?

eclipse5302

I'm starting a new section on my site...called "Can my car beat it?"

I want a list of cars you guys want to know about (quarter mile times, stock). That way, if people want to know if they can beat a car at the track (because racing on the streets is a no-no) they can look on my site. Good idea? If you think so, give a large list of cars.

Jason

Great idea! But consider the following: stock vs. modified? All types, makes, and engine sizes? Whoa! Good luck on the research... there's a ton of factors depeding on winning or losing a drag race including driver error and knowledge. Gonig just by numbers or members previous experience?

- RedFox340

That sounds cool! Here is a quick list.

Audi TT AWD

Audi S4

VW Jetta 1.8T

Subaru WRX

Saleen S281

Ford Contour SVT

Ford Taurus SHO

Ford Mustang SVO

Ford Thunderbird SC

Shelby GLHS (Dodge Omni....don't laugh)

Dodge Spirit R/T

Dodge Neon SRT-4

Dodge Daytona Shelby Z

current Mustang GT

current Camaro Z28

Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Mitsubishi Eclipse/Talon/Laser Turbo

Nissan 240sx (SR20DET)

BMW M3

Saab 900 turbo

Maserati BiTurbo

I saw a Bi turbo last summer on 81 down south aways. It was near a city and traffic was heavy but we would have had some fun otherwise. We had the LSS w/L67. Theres a couple upstate here but you never see them. I dont think they were that overly performance able. I believe there was reliablity problems. I'd have to say no on the Acura3.0 and the A6 the Aurora 4.0 maybe, the Aurora and Riviera and our LSS are big cars. I talked with a car dealer at an auction one day because I saw he had an Aurora. It was his wifes car of course . he said it was fast but not like the SC Riviera she had prior, for what thats worth. Those little 4cyl. small displacement cars might be do able. A friend of mine just got a WRX I wouldnt want to run him on the back roads not with the big Olds cruiser,TGP maybe , my Regal ? . 900 T Snob - better not have trouble with one of them , my 64 1724cc Alpine beat them. How about a 240/260/280 Z I bet their snappy. How about the Stealth or the 3000 GT ? I know which one? I bet that twin turbo smoked. I'll be interested in your findings.

I find it interesting to note cars which run almost exactly the same times in the 1/4 and 0-60. Such as these current makes : RSX type S, the New Thunderbird, Lexus IS300, Mitsi eclipse GT, Saab 9-3 SE, WRX sport wagon, Celica GTS, Golf GTI GLX, and I believe the Hyunda Tiburon v6 6-speed.

actually most of those cars you won't be racing :oops: ! You will most likely be in the Mod6 or Super 6<------ :lol: class.

supra turbo <----raped

mazda rx-7 <----raped

vw vr6 turbo or nos <----raped

buick t-type <----raped

300z bi <-----raped

mitsu/dodge bi <-----raped

probe/mx-6 turbo/nos <----don't laugh they run high 12's easy

fiero 6 turbo/nos high 12's low 13's easy

Now what you have the best chance in winning against

grand prix 3800sc

thunderbird sc

1st gen 300z turbo