little help please

hey i just got my car up and running after sitting for almost a year and aside from the battery being almost dead... (it starts fine sometimes other times it wont even make a sound) anyway i drove it around today and when i came to a red light i could hear the engine waivering and the electronics started fading in and out and then it died. i couldn't get it to start (didnt even crank when i turned the key) i got the car home and just listened to it idle for a few minutes (in drive and braking) and it is all over the place. It is fine when I am in Park but when i put it into gear it will start out fine but after like 30seconds or so it will waiver... i listened for about 5 min and it never died but it kept dying down and the reving and the electronics kept flickering. Any ideas?

For the flickering lights, and since when you tried to start, it didn't even click, it sounds like a batt problem. if it's the old battery, you may need to have it charged. if it's a new battery, the connections may be loose, actually either way, it sounds like a loose connection.

Also, since your battery was disconnected for a while, you might wanna try to re-learn the idle, that may be why the idle is erratic.

Good luck

-MaD-