Why Won't This Work

1990lumina

So, I'm looking at trying to find a newer stock deck for my 1990 Lumina.

I'm wondering why this deck won't fit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7962481979&category=38641

Is it to long or what??? The harness looks the same to me I think.

Any ideas..and if any one has one in their car did you have any trouble installing it??

- Jeff L.

3-8-05_008.jpg

it's doable. The plug is the same, but you'll have an issue with the digital display dimming. I just pulled the VF dimming wire and called it a day. THOSE RADIOS SOUND AWESOME!

Does that style radio have problems with overload if there's too much bass? I've heard other stock decks cut treble if there's too much bass, etc. I like my Sony head unit, I got rid of the Pioneer because I don't wanna have to buy subs and new speakers when the Sony makes my stockers sound just fine.

Theft Loc can be disabled. You need to take it to a dealer, and they usually charge $35-$50. Or you can PM me and I can get you the instructions to do it yourself for free, unless you want to send me something.

Dan

What in the hell? My '94 has the Pontiac equivalent of that radio, and it's not OBD II. I've also seen that radio in Fiero's, Firebirds, etc complete with Theftlock working.

there are 2 different versions i believe.

the one i pulled out of my lumina had no computer interface. the one in scotts 00 monte his computer uses the radio to clear codes, tirepreasure warnings and engine codes.

What in the hell? My '94 has the Pontiac equivalent of that radio, and it's not OBD II. I've also seen that radio in Fiero's, Firebirds, etc complete with Theftlock working.

there are 2 different versions i believe.

the one i pulled out of my lumina had no computer interface. the one in scotts 00 monte his computer uses the radio to clear codes, tirepreasure warnings and engine codes.

I've seen the RDS ones do that, but NEVER the 90's-type Chevy TheftLock type ones.

This radio is NOT the type that interfaces with the BCM, if that's what you're asking. This radio's Theftlock is contained within the unit itself. If the previous owner didn't activate it with a code then it's like it was never there.

Yeah that wheel is ugly, and the woodgrain cover makes it worse :lol: I actually had the pontiac leather one in there until I put it up for sale. But if you have the olds wheel with the 6 buttons and huge hornpad (that doesn't work half the time) now THAT is one ugly wheel. Not to mention it's as skinny as a wheel from a 30 year old tractor. At least that tan one has some girth :lol:

I would say go for it. I put my brothers 2000 Malibu CD player in my 90 lumina back when I had it and it work fine and sounded great. All the important connectors were plug and play.. There was one extra connector coming out of the harness of the lum that I could not find a place to plug into the new radio but it worked fine without it

IIRC there are three connectors coming from the car, two kinda square/rectangular ones that are plug and play... and the third real long and skinny rectangular that had no place to plug in on the new radio but it was ok anyways

Oh yeah and the mounting brackets "almost" lined up (only 2 holes instead of 4) so I kinda just forced the screw in and then it straightend out as I tightened..

... At least that tan one has some girth

Its always about the girth huh? :shock: :wink: