annoying subwoofer feedback

Bake82

Hey guys,

Had to do some re working of my system the other day and when I took out my subwoofer amp(rockford 201s) and re connected everything up, every time i switch radio stations or change any settings with my deck i get a thumb from my subwoofer. I have it disconnected right now cuz it is soo annoying. Can someone please guide me to what I can do to fix this annoyence!!

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

My friends sub does that also when shuffling between songs on a cd every time you click the next button it makes a faint bass sound. Fucking annoys the shit outta me but he either can't hear it cuz he's deaf from how fuckin loud his car is or he doesn't care.

He's running a Sony amp..I think it is 1100watt...a pioneer deck...and a pioneer 12" sub.

So your guess is as good as mine.????

- Jeff L.

I agree with turning down the gain, I notice a lot people turn there amps up all the way & have the bass real high because they want to "beat" when all they are getting is distortion & sooner or later that amp will cook and/or the subs will blow. It happened with this girls system I put in, someone messed with her levels & blew her subs. Considering they were used & were hooked up to a brand new 1000 watt Kenwood Amp I wasnt surprised, shit looked stolen.

Well I've changed my ground, and even had the gain turned all the way down and it still made a thump. It's not the gain setting. I noticed it did this whenever I hit the RCA cables. Is there any chance of the RCA's causing this???

Thanks for clarifying Slick, it was late I forgot to state that. You knew what I was trying to say, now that I read that last post,(my last post) it didnt even make sense I left out a few key words! Damn that hooked on phonics.

Well I had the RCA's on opposite side of power wire. It was weird cuz it didn't do this every until I took the amp out and put it back in. However it does not matter anymore as the car that this stereo was in(97 sunfire) is currently in pieces and not going to be driven(if at all possible) for a number of months!

Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem. Whenever my cars off my system's fine...but when I fire the engine I pick up all the noise, like idling and accelorating. The gain on both my amps are fine, and the RCA's are opposite the power cable. What's going on :!:

• 3 weeks later...

don't run power beside RCA ...

I have 3 sets of RCA cables going to the rear and the subs started doing it one time and i noticed my ground was teh suckay.