97 GP wiring pinout needed...

GTPrix

Have you tried to trace the wire after it passes through the firewall? That'd be the easiest thing to do. Dig around under the dash until you find it. Since 97's were known to have a very clean and simple wire install under the drivers dash it may be easy to locate. It's always possible that someone installed a remote start unit on it and never passed on the remote when the car was sold.

Yes very possible. I haven't had a chance to tear the dash apart yet, nor have I looked to see if the wire is tapped into the white wire you referred to.

Luke -

You think that perhaps that blue wire is spliced from a white one, somewhere back in the bundle? Thats what the remote start would hook up to? I will dig around tomorrow.

Drew

I installed a remote start unit on my fiancee's old 99 GTP, and the tach signal wire on it was Purple/White:

DCP_4384.jpg

So unless the wire colors changed between those years for the tach signal (and believe me, they could have), than I'd doubt that's what it's for. Like I said, dig around under there, that's the easiest way to find out. If you can't figure it out, post some pictures of where the wire terminates under the dash (if you can see it). Chances are someone on here will know what it's for then.

Looks like LukeZ34 was right! I pulled back the loom a bit and noticed that the wire was spliced into the pulple/white wire.

purple_white.jpg

By the way, does this look like a trans cooler to you guys?

transcooler_2.jpg

It sits right in front on the radiator.

Drew