Loud noise comin for brakes

JJ77

When my brakes are warm they make an very loud grinding noise when backing up. The front rotors have never been replaces so I thinking it warped plus my steering well will viberate under braking at high speeds. Two new rotors and pads are about $100 from oreilys.

Loud grinding noise = friction material worn off of brake pads completely. In other words, you're grinding metal on metal. In addition to new pads, you'll need to replace the rotors :( .

Pulsation when braking at high speeds = warped rotors...

Advance Auto has the Cheap-Ass Wearever rotors for 18.88....and brake pads (even the expensive ones like performance friction) won't cost you more than like $35. If you shop around it should only cost like $70.

Just as a general suggestion, I would replace your pins, get some of the special grease, and i would replace the torx bolts at every rotor change.

The vibration while braking at high speeds is not normal and is probaly a sign of warped rotors. HOWEVER, the loud noise comming from the front when reversing may, I stress may, be normal. Some brands of pads when they get to about the 50% life area they will make this noise on reverse. It only occurs in the front and should only occur upon a cold reverse, in other words once you have been driving around and you reverse the noise should not occur. This problem used to drive me crazy trying to fix and numerous shops told me its normal on these cars and I inspected the brakes myself and everything looked okay. I have no idea what goes on but I do know the front brake reversing noise is not uncommon.

Jason