Dash kit?

dikk

Hi,

I have to get an installation kit to my stereo, something that's easier said than done when there's a big ocean in the way.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=265-667

According to the site, this dash kit will only fit 88/89 GP's, and not with my 90. But in pictures i've seen, the dash and stereo of the 88 and 89-models looks exactly the same as in the 90 ones. The reason why i'm looking at this particular one is because on the other "multi kits" i have seen for GM cars 82 and up, there are two big ugly holes on each side.

Are they right about this? And if they are, what kit would you recommend me instead...what do you have yourself? BTW, i have a standard size-stereo, just plain DIN i guess.

Thanks Sirs...

The photo looks like something that will work, but I'm not sure how that could possibly work for an 88-89. The 88-89 GP's had the 2-piece radio.

I purchased the Metra AW-444GM kit and Metra GM02 harness yesterday at Advance and installed my deck in my 92 Lumina. It says on the insert in the package that it will work for your car.

The kit is a multikit with the module that has the holes in it for the old 2-shaft style (knobs) radios. You actually dont even have to cut the section out, its made with breakaway in mind. Sometimes though you need to file the little burs away and whatnot. The GM02 harness takes 3 of the 4 plugs that go into the back of your stock radio. The 4th one it doesnt take....I have no idea what it is but it has 2 wires in it, and they arent for the dimmer. Just read the instructions that come with the kit and it'll work just fine.