Audio Question For Lumina....

LuminaPower92

Im going to be putting some new audio equipment in the Lumi. Ive been curious as to see what size sub box would i need for two 12s. Ive seen some peeps on here with them stuffed behind the rear seat with plenty of trunk room left and thats what i would like. What size box am i looking at getting.

Another question. Im thinking on some Infinity Sub that are pretty well recomended. I dont know how many other guys/gals listen to club/trance/techno music, but i just want something that hits good and sounds great. They are pretty reasonably priced, about under 100 bucks and was wondering if you guys would recommend anything else or any amps?

Thanks in Advance for the advice.

Brian

i'd use the infinity perfect kappa 12" dvc subs. it just so happens the guy i bought my infinity speakers from has these subs on ebay right now for 75 each. so if you want em lemme know.

imo, 10's would sound better for that kind of music. they respond more quickly and sound clearer than 12's. i have 2 12" kappa vq's in custom boxes but they are a little on the pricey side. i got a good deal on them but they were still over 100 bucks each.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum is a good site for car audio even though its mostly new gp's.

I have a set of Infinity Kappa 10s from about 1997. They are the green colored ones. They sound very good, they don't hit as low as 12s could, but they still hit pretty hard. They are probably the best sounding 10's I've heard, except for the really expensive stuff. They've been taking about 800 RMS watts between the two of them for close to 7 years and never miss a beat. I feel that I got my money's worth. I've always liked Infinity's speakers. :)

Guy at my work said he had 10s and he didnt think they are good. I also listen to some rock, 80s music, and rap too so i kinda need something that will complement with all of them. I think infinity speakers and subs are good but my question is what infinity speakers are good up front? I know i cant expect much from just the speaker but nevertheless.

i use the infinity kappa 60.5cs speakers up front with infinity kappa 693.5i 6x9s in the rear. i'm going to have 2 12" dvc infinity kappa perfect subs soon with a 2 channel amp.

I have a Polk Audio 10" Sub that's been getting about 120W. It sounds good with rock / hardcore. Plus my Infinity Kappa 462.5cfp plate 4x6 in front and 9603.5i Infinity Reference 6x9's in back help the highs a lot. Anything bigger than 10" won't resond well to techno or rock. Bigger subs are a little more "lazy."