New Pioneer Head Unit *UPDATE: PIX AND VIDXS*

GP1138

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1099388424834&skuId=6981359&productCategoryId=cat03066&type=product

Just bought this tonight. Can't wait to install it! I returned my iPod and wanted something that could play AAC files, because half of my music library is in that format now.

EDIT: Pics and videos!! OMGWTFBBQAAC!!!!!!!@#!111

dash1.jpg

My dash. The seafoam really shines! :lol:

dash2.jpg

The unit mounted in the dash, with the typical HVAC knob missing now. :x

dash3.jpg

LOVE the blue!

Vids: (right-click, save-as)

http://www.angelfire.com/la/8251/vid1.avi

http://www.angelfire.com/la/8251/vid2.avi

Man, she looks nice in my car. Fits a lot better than the XPlode cassette deck I had for my iPod/cassette adapter combo. Now all I need is an amp and subwoofer. It sounds pretty decent right now, but anything with bass just overloads the stocker speakers and sounds terrible.

Very nice! How much did they hose you for it?

Now you gotta do the Steering Wheel control install, and get a SoundGate Pioneer adapter (it plugs right into the wired remote port on the back of the Pioneer HU.)

i'd upgrade the stock speakers before you go out and buy an amp and subwoofer.
Word! I can vouch for how crappy the stock Grand Prix speakers sound (absolutely awful...)

Fuck! $100 for that adapter.

I paid $290 altogether at Circuit Shitty, and installed it myself. Anyone else think the '94-'96 dash is the shittiest to install decks into? I can't get it to lock into place, it'll slide out if I try to pull the face off wrong. I gotta get a better mounting kit, I suppose.

Damn is it nice looking though, especially at night. And it's really quick loading AAC CD's, very happy with that aspect so far. A little touchy on scratched disks, which I don't like much, but I gotta learn to take better care of my CD's. :lol:

or he could buy a decent set of speakers off ebay that are brand new.

if you want an amp and good speakers this is the place i got mine from and they are brand new speakers for very cheap :wink:

http://stores.ebay.com/Latha-Electronics_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

and my speakers and amp he has right now too they sound great and handle bass really well :)

i have the infinity kappa 60.5cs the infinity kappa 693.5i 6x9s and the clarion APA 450 400 wat 4 channel amplifier (it can use you head unit's high power out puts which is a plus)

• 2 weeks later...

no response on my advice? nice looking head unit you just need to run a amp and some speakers for that setup. then you should be golden hell my sound system just has the clarion head unit i bought an amp, infinity kappa 60.5cs speakers up front and infinity kappa 693.5i speakers in the rear. as it is right now i don't need subs but anyone that really knows me know i have to have the best sound system i can get so my subs and 2400watt amp should be getting here any day now :D

no response on my advice? nice looking head unit you just need to run a amp and some speakers for that setup. then you should be golden hell my sound system just has the clarion head unit i bought an amp, infinity kappa 60.5cs speakers up front and infinity kappa 693.5i speakers in the rear. as it is right now i don't need subs but anyone that really knows me know i have to have the best sound system i can get so my subs and 2400watt amp should be getting here any day now :D

Don't really have the cash to invest in new speakers right this moment. I'm more worried about my intake swap, but I'm really hurting for new speakers. I have to adjust the EQ every other song, the stockers suck so bad.

i know the feeling man i went through the same thing. as of right now i finally have a nice sound system but there is room for improvement. which is why i have 2 subs along with a 2400watt amp coming soon. the link i posted he ships really fast and i HAVE bought from him before i also bought my subs from him too so they should come pretty quick :D . its really the amp i'm waiting on i don't have the green to buy that yet :dammit: