ABS Accumulator Group Buy?

RareGMFan

I was just thinking....do you think Prior would cut us a brake (<--yes...I spelled it that way on purpose... :lol: ) on the accumulators if we put together a decent order? I know many people on here need them. Hell, I may get 2 if we can get them down enough. I didn't want to post this on the group buys section until I could get a feel for what people think, and how many would be interested. What say you, eh???

List of Interested Members:

RareGMFan - 2

mfewtrail - 1

Jeorge - 1

Skalor - 1

herb427sc - 1

dbtk2 - 2

Bossman429 - 1

Yeah, it's not just an issue of the ABS not working. The accumulator not operating right/building enough pressure is going to effect the over all brakes, too. I've had my accumulator give out completely a couple of times (it's on its last leg, too), and believe me....it's not a fun experience to put your foot down, and find the car is not stopping, and then putting everything you got into the brake pedal. :shock: I've mastered the art of bringing it to a stop with no pressure, but I'd much rather prefer it functioning.

I was planning on going to the dealer and getting a couple new ones, one for my STE and one for my dads TGP coupe, but if we can get a bit of a deal on the prior one, then I'd probably be interested in a couple.

Shawn

I'd be interested. Haven't had any problems with ABS (yet) but it's probably inevitable. Wasn't there a fitment issue with the Prior accumulator unit?

If it's a great price, I'll be in, but just for a spare for now.

The Priorr accumulator has the hex head to tighten on the

backside. So you have to use an open end Wrench.

The GM onecan be installed with a socket and a long extension..

Hey RareGMFan, do you know if these units will also fit our AWD's? Depending on price, I would be down for one, and if they fit the AWD's too, 2...

Shawn - As soon as I get some time, I'm going to check into it. How many buyers = $xx.xx each, etc. I don't think anyone's attempted this, yet, so this should be interesting.

Brian - I'm pretty sure they don't fit the Teves II. Size wise, maybe. But the pressures may be different. BMM bought one off of Prior for his AWD. They had nothing listed, but the guy looked into it, and found a unit that would work for just over $100, I think. He said it's bigger then the factory one, but it fit and worked without a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gp crazy

if the price is right i would like one or two. im not giving up my ste for along time. they do not have shelf life do they? i know they are under alot of psi. :shock:

• 2 months later...