Mocked up my new motor-Independent Throttle Body Intake

Aaron

Well I can beat a 350Z by 2 tenths of a second, and they have 287 and run 13.8s, you do the math.

I don't do ricer math, sorry. And get a clue while you're there.

You know there's no such thing as dyno's out in Colorado, right?

Why? Just to prove something, I don't care, I know how fast it is, and that's enough for me. That's money I don't want to spend on a dyno on an old project that I no longer have interest in, and I don't/can't drive to Denver for one.

Why? Just to prove something, I don't care, I know how fast it is, and that's enough for me. That's money I don't want to spend on a dyno on an old project that I no longer have interest in, and I don't/can't drive to Denver for one.

I dont know, I figure the taste of all that bullshit coming out of your mouth would get old. I guess not though

I'm not sure why everbody hates aaron but i'll be different and say i dont have a reason to hate him, aside from the fact that his Z is alot faster than mine.

anyway, the project looks awesome hope it goes as well as you think it will. and Merry Christmas. (late)

Nice double post.....J/K

Aaron... Your project looks great so far. Seems like you have planned it out well. I won't throw egg at anyone who is attempting to rebuild a killer 60 degree v6. I would like to see the dyno sheet when your done. I have seen some from the Fiero guys with modded DOHC running 325+. It's always good to compair dynos with mods.

As for all the bad remarks: It's nice to see that some of our moderators live by their own rules. Way to go.

Well I can beat a 350Z by 2 tenths of a second, and they have 287 and run 13.8s, you do the math.

You can't exactly compared cars like that....but whatever. 350Z being RWD......they launch better. It happens. 13.8 isn't bad for a stock 350Z.....I believe SCC ran similar to that.

So....CAI, headers, exhaust (I hope its mandrel), UDP, chip, slight bump in compression (how did you gain this BTW?), and a slight increase in bore. 70 hp out of that? That might be a bit of a stretch....but its certainly above the 250 mark.

So how are you getting it to 430? You are going to need at the very least a set of cams......a pretty wild set at that.

I'm not trying to be a dick.....seems everyone else is......I'm more or less curious.......you never know, might actually learn something.

Well those headers did wonders for this motor. I have never had a set of headers give so much on any car. I was flat out amazed.

The bump in c/r on my current motor was from decking the heads.

I'll just give a quick run down of the new motor, what I'd like to see it have. We'll start at the top. That intake, fully P&P heads(I'm hoping for about 300cfm), ferrea hollow valves, stock springs(can't beat beehive), stock cams adjusted to my liking for now(aftermarket cams to come), bored at least .060 over(3.5L) and more depending on my soaking wet block, forged alum pistons(11-11.5:1 compression), forged H-beam connectiong rods, forged steel crank(both from Eagle), and depending on block clearences it will be stroked as well. No A/C, no power steering, electric water pump. The belt will run on the crank pulley, the tensioner, and the alternator. I will have a UD pulley on it as well, lotta good that'll do :roll: WBO2 sensor, custom 34" long by 1.75" diameter equal length headers(not the set on my current Z), also custom 3" exhaust, redesigning the oil pan to add another quart, and that's all I can remember. I have not bought parts yet(aside from the intake and some header parts), I am going to get it machined first. For now it will be on the stock computer(I'll be tuning it with my new laptop), and the stock ignition, but a MSD and stand alone fuel thingy will come soon enough. So the goal, and the result from DD, was 430hp at 7800rpm, redline at 8. Pretty good, I hope DD is accurate.

Naaa, I've just realized that getting a 3600lb vehicle as fast as I want it takes mroe work than that of a 2800lb vehicle. Plus the Fiero will have better gear ratios(for 8k rpm and 400hp), and be RWD, without the drivetrain loss of Front mount RWD. It really is the perfect setup. Not to mention the mid .9g on the skipad, good brakes, and overall style. Plus there is a lot more aftermarket support.

looks good so far! keep us updated.

let me know what u need from eagle or any other performance parts. we order eagle and other shit by the pallate (i have to put 30-50 bb cranks on a shelf when the come in, it sucks) But let me know if i can save you any cash i will. Later Jay

Good luck!

oh if u need linkage i can also get lokar shit at my cost

• 3 weeks later...