Mocked up my new motor-Independent Throttle Body Intake

Aaron

I was bored and messing around with my ITB setup, and decided to mock it up on my bad motor, since that is what it will be going on eventually. I didn't yet have my mandrel bends, so I had to use wooden blocks instead. lol, I think it looks really sweet though, can't wait. The throttle lonkage will be a bitch for sure. They are a little too close together, but it can be fixed rather easily by just bending the mandrel bends a bit. The only other issue is that a vacuum line coming off one of the sets runs right into the other throttle body. But it is just a barbed fitting and can be fixed with not too much trouble. Here are a few pics...Tell me what you think...

Enginemockup008.jpg

Enginemockup001.jpg

Enginemockup002.jpg

Enginemockup003.jpg

Enginemockup004.jpg

Enginemockup005.jpg

Enginemockup006.jpg

Enginemockup007.jpg

Well when the time comes, here is what I'm having done. It will be set up like that of a SBC, the filter sitting on top. The bottom plate will act as a flange, and it will sit between the air horns and the throttle bores. I'll lengthen the studs so the horns bolt down. Then I'm going to put the 1/8"(or 1/16") piece of steel, chromed, with the 6 48mm holes drilled, and the 12 bolt holes drilled on. After this I'm going to custom order a K&N filter, and specify the length I'll need. Then just wrap it around the steel piece's shape. The ends of the steel piece will be curved up so it won't slide out. For the top, I'll be using a 1/4"(or 1/2") thick piece of plexiglass. I'm having a guy from the Fiero boards CNC machine it, it will have drilled into it the following. Then I will have 4 studs, 2 from each set of throttle bodies from between the air horns, stick up and have chromed nust on top. It will look awesome, you will see the writing in the plexiglass, but still be able to see through it, staring at the throttle plates and such. I will not be able to incorporate the black plastic piece that says 3.4L TDC from ym Z34, so I figured I'd do this instead. Pretty complex for an air filter, but I want this job to look very professional. And then I'll be using ome sort of scoop or cowl on the Fiero decklid, since this won't clear. So it might even still be cold air

3.4L Twin Dual Cam

_____Fiero GT_____

They do, but it is overpriced(as is everything else). I think, since both units just pull down to operate, that I am going to fab up an aluminum bar thingy, that reaches to both, and have to pull down with the single cable. Then just hook up a spring from up top. No cruise control, becu it takes up space, adds vacuum lines, and I don't want to fuck with it.

Well it won't be just this. They will be going on a built 3.4L. Overall, I'm hoping for about 430hp at 7500-8000rpm naturally aspirated and before I hit the 100 shot of N2O. It is very plausible considering everything that will be done to it.

looks cool, but even the dumbest(and there are a whole bunch of them) of the w-body members could buy the setup(however it seems 99% of them have no money hence why they have w-bodies) and sit it on a block of wood and take some pictures.

i'll wait to see a finished intake that bolts on without leaking.

No stupid. The wood goes in between the throttle boides and the intake. Ans the air and fule passes through the small pores, it gets mixed optimully, and builds pressure. So by adding the wood pieces, two of them, I get boost and perfect fuel atomization. duh. Air filter :lol:

How in the HELL are you going to get 430 hp from a 3.4L motor? Even WITH its DOHCs.....

I could see you getting into the low 300s.......but damn.......I think you are about 100 hp over on your estimate.

How in the HELL are you going to get 430 hp from a 3.4L motor? Even WITH its DOHCs.....

I could see you getting into the low 300s.......but damn.......I think you are about 100 hp over on your estimate.

I think you have no clue as to what is inside this motor.

:twisted:

I am running high 200s right now(about 280-290), low 300s would be easy.

So are ya gonna cut a hole in your hood? Thats gonna look different. Sounds like a cool plan though!

Yah it will stick out the deckild, with the filter on top. Than I am going to use some sort of scoop or cowl over it.

Well I can beat a 350Z by 2 tenths of a second, and they have 287 and run 13.8s, you do the math.

Guest Anonymous
So are ya gonna cut a hole in your hood? Thats gonna look different. Sounds like a cool plan though!

Yah it will stick out the deckild, with the filter on top. Than I am going to use some sort of scoop or cowl over it.

Well I can beat a 350Z by 2 tenths of a second, and they have 287 and run 13.8s, you do the math.

Um, bad driver in the Z?