2000+ Monte Carlo Daytime Running Light (DRL) Disable

Redfox340

ok i was wondering about that, i guess its just the people i see who drive with just the DRLs on who completely forget to turn on their headlights

:lol: YEAH!!!...i know what you're talkin about!!!...like the asshats with the saturns that don't turn the headlights on @ night and the DRL's look like brights... :cuss:

the light switch on my Colorado has an "Auto" position.....during the day, DRL's are on, but when it is dim enough outside, all my outside lights, Headlights, taillights, and parking lights turn on. there's a sensor on my dash

and i have been driveing cars with no DRLs or Auto headlights for years now, and no one has smashed into me in the broad daylight.

Yeah, and I've only really needed my seatbelt once in 29yrs, so why should I bother to wear one? I have never been in an accident caused by running on bald tires, so I shouldn't worry about tire tread? So far, I've never needed an airbag, never even deployed one, so I should go ahead and disable it? Back when my brake light switch went bad, I unknowingly drove the car for a good long time and nobody hit me. So that means fixing non-functioning brake lights should be optional? In 29yrs, I've never experienced a house fire, the ceiling would look better if I removed all these useless smoke detectors!

and i can't possably see how you would be at fault if someone hit you in the daylight just because you had DRLs disabled.

Because people who knowingly disable safety devices, especially one as unintrusive as DRL, are idiots who deserve to be found at fault.

not having DRLs on means that I should be found at fault in an accident where it was not my fautl!?!?!? LOLOLOL. Absurd. Like I said, I cant imagine driving 20 years ago when there were no DRLs. Musta been insane! Now, Ive not done the research, but Im going to go out a limb and say that DRLs have not made the number of accidents go down in the US. I know thats a HUGE assumption, but I'll make it anyway. Of all the safety features now-a-days, ABS, traction control, 30 airbags per car, better seat belts, DIC's that tell the driver if the tires are low on air, stronger chassis', etc, DRL's have to be the shittiest and least effective. I now know why I see so many cars with only one headlight, DRLs. All they do is blow the headlights up faster, LOLOL (yes, I know they dont run them at 100%).

Either you don't have sunset and sunup where you live, or you see in infrared, because I've been in PLENTY of lighting situations where DRL makes cars significantly more visible.

What does this have anything to do with 20yrs ago? You keep bringing up 20yrs ago like it means something. You think we ought to go back to 20yr old safety standards? Disable a safety device because we didn't have it 20yrs ago? That's even more absurd.

Yes, if you knowingly and willingly disable a safety device that affects other drivers, you should be found at fault, ticketed, ass kicked and bitchslapped for your stupidity and carelessness.

Quite simply, I would never say "no" to anything that would make me more visible to the idiots that are out there. Only one of my cars have DRLs and if I'm not driving that one the headlights are on in whatever I am driving whenever I'm driving. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Tim

I bring up 20 years ago b/c DRLs werent available then, yet people still drove fine. Headlights are made for nite time, not day time. I do have sunset and sun up where I live yet I have no problem seeing other cars on the road. I dont know, maybe I have magic eyes or something. What if I was rear ended? They couldnt see my DRL's any way, you still gonna give me a ticket? Didnt think so

Im done with this thread. You people think everything on a car is useful in some shape or form, esp DRLs. Cars today have so many useless options its ridiculous. Outside temperature?!!?! Who the fuck cares? Heated seats, again, who cares, dont be a pussy about the cold. Telescoping steering columns and pedals that adjust to drivers. Wait til that option messes up and you cant even push the pedals down to go anywhere. Dont even get me going to trannies that wont go out of first gear if the speed sensor goes bad (Dodge FWD come to mind). Too many computers and too much useless shit today, plain and simple. Now Im done with this thread's mindless banter

Yes, we should get rid of and disable every safety feature put into cars in the last 20yrs because cars were so much safer in 1984! DRL, airbags, ABS, crumble zones, side impact crash standards, roof strength standards, all crap! People didn't need them in 1984, we don't need them now! :roll: Why go back 20yrs, let's go back 200yrs... people got around just fine on horses. Then you wouldn't have to worry about steering columns, pedals, trannies, and outside temp would be pretty damn obvious.

the light switch on my Colorado has an "Auto" position.....during the day, DRL's are on, but when it is dim enough outside, all my outside lights, Headlights, taillights, and parking lights turn on. there's a sensor on my dash

My 1990 Lumina does that, however I wish it had the "Auto" option like your truck. Sometimes I don't want the lights to turn on by themselves, such as when the bttery is almost dead because your alternator just took a shit and your car won't start and the headlights and tailights won't shut off.

My 1990 Lumina does that, however I wish it had the "Auto" option like your truck. Sometimes I don't want the lights to turn on by themselves, such as when the bttery is almost dead because your alternator just took a shit and your car won't start and the headlights and tailights won't shut off.

my Colorado also has a position on the switch that turns off DRL's....

Daytime Running Lights can be turned off, at the switch......i don't see why someone would fuck with the wiring harness to turn them off....and, disabling a safety feature is fucking stupid too....