What is this?

Kalgorn

wtfisthis.jpg

And why isn't it hooked up? I noticed it today while one of my roommates was filming videos of my car for a film project he's doing for school. We're making a commercial for the '92 Z34. :lol: It should be really good when it's done. We're going to have some voice overs done for it too, try to make it authentic. :) And hey, I got a free tank of gas out of it. I burned up about 2/3 a tank just today doing this and he filled it up for me a little while ago.

thats a vaccum line that sucks gasses out of the valvecovers. There is another one on the back valvecover pointing up. both connect up to the same place on your intake tube. the black plastic elbo on top of your intake tube in the same picture upper right hand corner

Wow... I just checked someone's Cardomain page to look at an engine pic and I can see what I'm missing. Guess I'll hit up NAPA in the near future and pic one up if I can. Thanks.

Thus causing the above stated problems? I don't want to just go plug it up because I get formal complaints from the village when I work on the car in the driveway.

Would not having this line hooked up cause a high idle at start-up and rough idle?
No, clogged fuel injectors would cause that (for the 1,000th time).

Check TSBs. People ask that same question all the time.

Thus causing the above stated problems? I don't want to just go plug it up because I get formal complaints from the village when I work on the car in the driveway.

Oh jesus.. tell them to go fuck themselves. I can't comprehend why people would have a problem with that, unless you start leaving oil stains or something all over the place.

Oh jesus.. tell them to go fuck themselves. I can't comprehend why people would have a problem with that, unless you start leaving oil stains or something all over the place.

Even so, its your house. Unless they paid for it or their name is on the mail box, a nut is due to be sucked.

Yea but they can give me a ticket for that type of shit. And the reason it's going to take longer than 30 seconds is because the boot got rotten and broke off. and in the time it takes me to open the hood and pull the old boot off and put the new one on somebody will be over to bother me.

They can't give you shit. Tell them to go to hell and fuck themselves.

:withstupid: ...tell them to go hump a tree stump or something...cause there is no reason for them to bitch about you taking 15 minutes to fix your car in YOUR driveway...

If that's the line i'm thinking of on my DOHC, I just put one of those mini-k&n (ricer) breathers in place of the line and capped the part where they meet by the pcv valve area. No problems in about a year now doing it like that.

WMZZZ

• 5 years later...