Standard or HD suspension?

Jon89le

I think ive come to the conclusion that my strut mounts are gone so im looking for replacements. How can you tell if you have the have the standard suspension or the HD one? My car was ordered as a LE which had the FE1 suspension but a "sport version" of it. This might be why i have a rear sway bar; ive heard some FE1 W-bodies didnt come with rear sways, not sure though. Anyways, my dads Z34s strut mount studs are bigger (larger diameter) than mine are on my GP. Would that mean that i have the standard suspension? Thanks for any help.

Now, correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe that any W came with Heavy Duty Suspension. HD, is usually stiffer, so i'm guessing what you mean by HD is the FE3 suspension. :shrug:

The strut mount studs are larger because your dad's is a 90+.

Yours has smaller studs because it's an 88-89.

GM doesn't even sell the smaller studded mounts anymore. Parts catalog says to use the newer mounts and enlarge the strut tower holes. I had to do that to put in my 96 Monte Z34 front knuckles.

Alright. I was going to be ordering KYB mounts from Truckperformance.com so i'll opt for the standard ones since they are a little cheaper.

nice looking ride. i like it a lot