• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GnatGoSplat

• Aaron

• 93CutlassSupreme

• Dannymik

everytime i see it i have to make the comment that, that car is the best looking cutty i have ever seen, it could be dropped a lil more, but it is clean and not over done at all. Has it been repainted?

that's a clean car, but it's too low in that picture.

hmmmmmmmm :think: its hard determining that from a picture, I'd have to see it in person to make that call. Shawn do you have any good 3/4 views of the cutty from the front and rear?

hmmmmmmmm :think: its hard determining that from a picture, I'd have to see it in person to make that call. Shawn do you have any good 3/4 views of the cutty from the front and rear?

the fenders are hunched down over the tires. i don't care for that look.

at least in the pic of the car currently he posted the wheel gap on the front is uniform.

I think they still make them. They are CSA Gladiators. Basically a Mille Miglia Evo 5 clone, but without the fake bolts. I bought them from National Tire in Canada and had them shipped to Missouri.

There are no US distributors/sales for them.

I thought they were GXP wheels!

bg_image3.jpg

IMG_0744-lowered.jpg

everytime i see it i have to make the comment that, that car is the best looking cutty i have ever seen, it could be dropped a lil more, but it is clean and not over done at all. Has it been repainted?

Thanks man! It has been partly repainted... I had the hood repainted in 95 and they re-cleared the fenders, I guess to make it blend better. The left rear 1/4 was repainted, and the trunk was replaced and painted (a garbage truck backed into it). I think that may have been in 95 as well. The rest is factory paint.

I disagree. I really like the stance of BMW's uplevel cars and that's how I'd like my Cutlass to look. For example:

http://www.thhe.dk/BMW_M5_E39-01.jpg

I guess you don't like the European performance look, but I do! I'm actually seriously considering going to slightly lower profile tires and lowering it more like 1uvakind's car.

hmmmmmmmm its hard determining that from a picture, I'd have to see it in person to make that call. Shawn do you have any good 3/4 views of the cutty from the front and rear?

Can you tke some close ups of those wheels... I want to see some DETAIL... Plus what is the offset specs for those wheels?

More pics on my Cardomain page. The wheels are 18x8, +42mm offset with 5mm spacers to make them +37mm. I had to upgrade to 96+ brakes AND shave the front caliper brackets AND add the spacers to make them fit. If I shave a little more off (which I could), I could possibly run without the spacers. The wheels are concave and the spokes taper inwards towards the center, so too much would have had to be removed with the smaller front brakes.

I thought they were GXP wheels!

They're similar looking, that's for sure, but I actually bought them before the GXP wheels came out.

Do you spray both sides or what? Would it work on corners?

Just the outside, you can't spray the inside without cutting them apart. Yes, I think it would work on corners, taillights, anything.

looks great....and I still love the rims...

Thanks. I love them too, but I actually found some very similar looking wheels in 19" and it's VERY tempting to upgrade.

Thanks. I love them too, but I actually found some very similar looking wheels in 19" and it's VERY tempting to upgrade.

if you do then let me know, because thats the style I'm looking to replace these fugly tristars

I disagree. I really like the stance of BMW's uplevel cars and that's how I'd like my Cutlass to look. For example:

http://www.thhe.dk/BMW_M5_E39-01.jpg

I guess you don't like the European performance look, but I do!

nope. i'll only buy American cars, and i don't see the point of trying to get an American car to look like an European car.

anways, i wish my CS was that clean. :thumbsup: looks well taken-care of

Shawn,

Your wheels should fit the 97-up GPs without spacers then. Since the factory offset on the 97-03 is +58 mm.

Yes, they will fit 97-up GP's no problem. Someone on ClubGP bought them which is how I found out about them. Mille Miglia with no fake bolts, I couldn't resist!

nope. i'll only buy American cars, and i don't see the point of trying to get an American car to look like an European car.

Because the European cars look better, of course! The basic body shape of domestics is great, which is why I love my Cutlass, but the Europeans know how to choose wheels, ride height, stance, body moldings, ground-effects, etc. to get that clean, aggressive, road-hugging and sporty look while at the same time looking understated, classy, and sophisticated. That's how I want my Cutlass to look.

Because the European cars look better, of course! The basic body shape of domestics is great, which is why I love my Cutlass, but the Europeans know how to choose wheels, ride height, stance, body moldings, ground-effects, etc. to get that clean, aggressive, road-hugging and sporty look while at the same time looking understated, classy, and sophisticated. That's how I want my Cutlass to look.

have you looked at the new BMW's lately? :puke: bigtime.

i'm sorry, but i'll take a Cadillac, designed in Detroit and built by union workers anyday over a overpriced, poor quality German car.

hell, even Car and Driver slams Mercedes for quality problems, while they admit GM is and has improved.

have you looked at the new BMW's lately? :puke: bigtime.

Yeah, NEW BMW 5, 6, and 7-series are ugly, but they have nice wheels, tires, and stance. The BMW 3-series is just a freshened version of the old bodystyle and I think it looks good.

i'm sorry, but i'll take a Cadillac, designed in Detroit and built by union workers anyday over a overpriced, poor quality German car.

I hate new Cadillacs. Such ugly styling, IMO. CTS, STS, XLR... to me they're no better looking than the new BMW 5,6,7-series. Last Cadillacs I liked the looks of were the 92-03 Seville STS, 93-96 Fleetwood, and 94-96 Deville.

hell, even Car and Driver slams Mercedes for quality problems, while they admit GM is and has improved.

German cars have terrible reliability. I'm not talking about reliability. I'm only talking about looks. I have no plans to buy a German car. I just like European styling cues: the big wheels, wide low-profile tires, barely any gap anywhere in the wheel wells, low to the ground, and clean understated body panels. Similar styling to that old bodystyle BMW M5 I linked to earlier. It's the style I like, so it's the style I want to imitate.

Because the European cars look better, of course! The basic body shape of domestics is great, which is why I love my Cutlass, but the Europeans know how to choose wheels, ride height, stance, body moldings, ground-effects, etc. to get that clean, aggressive, road-hugging and sporty look while at the same time looking understated, classy, and sophisticated.

Ah, c'mon Shawn... you know you want to join in...

2004 Jetta GLi

nopigli.jpg

2001 GTi VR6 with 20th Anniversary exterior trim

red20th.jpg

- Erik

Nah, I'll pass on the VW's. Only VW I would consider is the Phaeton.

They're all just so narrow and tall looking, I can't stand that look. I REALLY hate the GTi body style. I loathe hatchbacks and other trunkless, chopped-off looking cars.

I'll stick to BMW, Mercedes, and Audi as the only German rides I like the looks of.

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

I thought you said you were going to leave the side molding on so you didn't get dinged Shawn?

Either way... that car looks mighty sweet... I hadn't seen it yet with the new wheels.... SMOOTH..... :wink:

I thought you said you were going to leave the side molding on so you didn't get dinged Shawn?

Either way... that car looks mighty sweet... I hadn't seen it yet with the new wheels.... SMOOTH..... :wink:

I wanted to leave them on in my college days even though I hated them because I had to park in crowded lots. Now that I can choose where I park, it's safe to take them off. With the new wheels, it helps the look a lot to have them off. I don't get dinged anymore, because I only park on edge spaces and I park over the line.

thanks for the compliments. :D

That is one hotass Audi no doubt.

The only thing, I still just can't fathom how they have 500hp, yet still only run high 12s. I know why they do, but its just so stupid to me.

Those A8s are heavy suckers! :lol: Most fullsize luxury cars are like that, i don't think they ever intended to outrun anyone. They just wanted to make it fast enough to justify the high price.

I wanted to leave them on in my college days even though I hated them because I had to park in crowded lots. Now that I can choose where I park, it's safe to take them off. With the new wheels, it helps the look a lot to have them off. I don't get dinged anymore, because I only park on edge spaces and I park over the line.

thanks for the compliments. :D

I hate the damn bumpercar moldings on my regal