Stock TGP turbo?

RedZMonte

This turbo is a T25 correct? is it a garret or what brand? Is it by chance the same one from a stock 2nd Gen DSM (Eclipse/Talon), i know they have a garret T25 stock. I might have a Sweet upgrade, that might be a direct bolt on that on the eclipse is good for 320hp.

RedZ

Guest TurboSedan

i'm not real sure myself either, but i think the mounting flange is different on the T25s in the DSM cars, so you would have to build a crossover with the right flange. i have several pics of TGP T25s and it looks like it has 'Garrett' cast into it. it looks like the TGP has a standard T25 flange but also uses the mounting flange as a turbo support bracket.

joshua

i'm not real sure myself either, but i think the mounting flange is different on the T25s in the DSM cars, so you would have to build a crossover with the right flange. i have several pics of TGP T25s and it looks like it has 'Garrett' cast into it. it looks like the TGP has a standard T25 flange but also uses the mounting flange as a turbo support bracket.

joshua

I will just go compare the T25 flange with the crossover. if the flanges match i have a sweet upgrade that should be a DIRECT bolt on for your cars. the down side is its like $650 for the turbo.. but it is NEW not a reman.

joshua

You think you could email me some of the pictures of the mounting flange and stuff? z284pwr@earthlink.net ...I looked at the Junkyard STE picture you have on your page, maybe you have some other ones...? I'm doing some turbo research, so any more pics I wouldn't mind checkin out...I was confused on the STE pictures you had, the pipe that is parallel with the front of the car, is that one the downpipe and on to the exit of the exhaust or the one coming from the manifolds to the turbo?

Alright, thanks for the pictures...amazing, now I see how the manifolds look when they are not in a car...it almost looks like 2 front manifolds cut and then connected to the crossover pipe...

Oh ya, nice fish tanks ya had there, that Mahagony one was really nice...

I'm pretty sure the T-25 in the DSMs are different than the ones in the TGP/STE. I can't remember how they were different, but I'm pretty sure they are.

If you could find a place to machine out our compressor housings and provide a larger matching compressor wheel (at a resonable price), that would kick ass. Thats something almost anyone can install, and I can see that as one of the best upgrades for our turbo without spending a bunch of cash/buying a new turbo. Although I'm not sure if the turbine needs anything done to it...maybe a clipping on the turbine blades to help spool with the larger compressor?

Both DSMs and the TGP use the T25, but the A/R ratio and wheel sizes have got to be much smaller for the DSM T25s. Not only that, the flanges are different so they will not bolt up.

I'm thinking a TGP x-over fitted with a standard T3 turbing flange and a Garrett T03 turbocharger from a Ford Thunderbird/Mustang SVO would make a good junkyard 2.8/3.1 turbo project.

Both DSMs and the TGP use the T25, but the A/R ratio and wheel sizes have got to be much smaller for the DSM T25s. Not only that, the flanges are different so they will not bolt up.

I'm thinking a TGP x-over fitted with a standard T3 turbing flange and a Garrett T03 turbocharger from a Ford Thunderbird/Mustang SVO would make a good junkyard 2.8/3.1 turbo project.

Thats what I'm doing right now. I'm still not sure if it's going to go on my TurboSTE or my Cutlass. http://www.relentlessracing.com has some nice T3 stuff that is going to work nicely with adapting a T3 to the TGP...Like a turbine/wastegate housing with a 2.5 inch round flange and the matching flange for welding on the stock downpipe. This is needed because the wastegate puck/assembly for the Turbo Coupe T3 is part of the downpipe housing which is made of cast iron. And anyone who knows welding knows how much if a PITA it is to weld cast iron to steel.

Thats what I'm doing right now. I'm still not sure if it's going to go on my TurboSTE or my Cutlass. http://www.relentlessracing.com has some nice T3 stuff that is going to work nicely with adapting a T3 to the TGP...Like a turbine/wastegate housing with a 2.5 inch round flange and the matching flange for welding on the stock downpipe. This is needed because the wastegate puck/assembly for the Turbo Coupe T3 is part of the downpipe housing which is made of cast iron. And anyone who knows welding knows how much if a PITA it is to weld cast iron to steel.

welding cast iron to steel is not very strong eather.. i say just take off the wastegate, and run an external wastegate. that would be the easiest. that setup you described sounds also like the Turbo setup on a T3 volvo and a T3 saab.

RedZ