Rear Leaf Issues...

OldsmoBeast

i found a set of them i didn't know they were going to cost around 30 bucks. oh well i guess i need them because i noticed the rubber is really worn out i stuck some blocks of wood in the slots and what'd ya know the rear end became higher then the front like its suppose to look :evil:

I do know the ribs face down and the little nubs slide in between the metal to lock them in.

You put the open end up, so the leaf sits in it, IIRC. Otherwise, I can see the ass-end sitting 2 inches higher.

I do know the ribs face down and the little nubs slide in between the metal to lock them in.

You put the open end up, so the leaf sits in it, IIRC. Otherwise, I can see the ass-end sitting 2 inches higher.

i see no problem with the ass sitting 2 inches higher :lol: it sags right now i would rather have it higher up then sagging like a pos.

There is a flat side and a ribbed side....the flat side goes up and it is labeled TOP. The spring needs that flat surface to ride along when the spring compresses.

There is a flat side and a ribbed side....the flat side goes up and it is labeled TOP. The spring needs that flat surface to ride along when the spring compresses.

uhh you sure I put mine in with the 3 slots facing up, mine didnt say anything on them, I put them in about 3 months ago

really????

are you sure there still there???

they go in with the lips facing down so they stay in place

Yeah Davis is right, and thats what NAPA told me...The lips actually do hold them in place quite well...try them the other way around!!

Well I put them in with the open side facing up, so the spring sat in the groove. I don't recall either side being marked 'up' nor can I see the thing coming out on its own will. The pressure of the spring in the first notch kept it in place just fine. And even with the strut fully extended, the spring still keeps contact with the knuckle. If it did come out, I think you've got bigger things to worry about.

If the puck is installed correctly, it is not possible for the puck to slide on the knuckle. The nubs on the puck lock into place inbetween the knuckle. The spring will then slide smoothly along the flat of the puck that is facing up. Before the puck the spring was sliding on the metal knucke.