tire size question

THe_DeTAiL3R

I hope this isn't a repeat post or anything..

Anyways I was wondering if this will be a perfect match. If not, oh well!

I have 3 Michelin X1 tires from my grandpa's van. They are:

205/70/15

I plan on using them as winter tires with the 15" rims I still have from my 88' GP.

Current tires:

225/65?/16

Will my speedo be off or anything?

Now your GP must not have a stock tire size on it. My GP has 215/60/16's (and that's what the sticker on the decklid says was stock.) My Regal and Lumina both had 205/70/15's stock, and I put on 225/60/16's on the Loomie (cause they didn't cause any significant speedometer error like 215/60's would have.)

I would say go with the 205/70/15's. The speedometer error would be pretty negligable...

Now your GP must not have a stock tire size on it. My GP has 215/60/16's (and that's what the sticker on the decklid says was stock.) My Regal and Lumina both had 205/70/15's stock, and I put on 225/60/16's on the Loomie (cause they didn't cause any significant speedometer error like 215/60's would have.)

I would say go with the 205/70/15's. The speedometer error would be pretty negligable...

Maybe they are 225/60/16s... I'm not sure cause its cold outside and I'm too lazy to look. Maybe it's the old tires on my 15" wheels I'm thinking of (215/65/15 ??) Anyways those X1s are going on regardless. They are practically new, my grandpa had one bad on his van and replaced the whole set! LOL!! I just gotta find one "matching" tire to go in the back...

My 91 B4U SE came with 225/60/16's and that is what the tire placard calls for.

They don't make Michellin X1's anymore so they may be hard to locate. The X1 was replaced by the Harmony I believe. They're great summer tires, but I wouldn't recomend them in the rain or snow. I had them on my last car, and they were teriffic as far as tire life, handling, and ride. But they just didn't cut it in wet or cold weather. I think you'll like them, they've got a real blocky profile and look huge compared to other tires of their size. In fact I've got a couple 215/60-16 X1 sitting in my garage and it has a wider profile than the 235/50-16 thats on my Cutlass right now.

I'm pretty sure you have 225/60R16's on it now.

205/70R15's are 26.3" diameter while 225/60R16's are 26.6". Only a little over a 1/4" difference.

You'll be fine.

Your speedo will read a little optimistic (say you're going faster than you really are), but I think it will be very, very slight.

I've got studded Uniroyals on my 88, and i love them, It's got 205/70/14s, and a bit of wheel gap, but hey that car is just a winter beater. It is amazing how much snow i can go through with those things. I'm pretty sure that studs are legal for winter in ontario. I say, once you go one canadian winter with studded snow tires, you'll never go back to all seasons.