Steering Wheel Swap!?

terryk2003

yes they do his is just worn off

They are not! The flash glare is why you can't see the labels on the buttons. 8)

Left side buttons are for HVAC. Right side is for radio controls. All of the buttons have duplicate controls on the dash so they are all redundant.

I don't know anything about steering wheel swaps, but I'm thinking that a wheel like mine would be simpler since it has no airbag?? Its the older style, but I actually like it better:

dash.jpg

I like your whole interior better...but that's just me :lol:

yeah, thats JUST YOU...i really like the newer interiors better...they're smoother and cleaner looking...IMO of course! :wink:

I installed a 1998 Monte Wheel and controls into my 1995 Beretta.

All i needed was wheel, bag, controls and clock spring. The assembly pluged right in.

There are 4 wires for the controls, 2 light it up and 2 go to the radio.

montewheel.JPG

I don't know anything about steering wheel swaps, but I'm thinking that a wheel like mine would be simpler since it has no airbag?? Its the older style, but I actually like it better:

dash.jpg

I like your whole interior better...but that's just me :lol:

yeah, thats JUST YOU...i really like the newer interiors better...they're smoother and cleaner looking...IMO of course! :wink:

hey what can i say i'm stuck in the 80's/early 90's :lol:

All i needed was wheel, bag, controls and clock spring. The assembly pluged right in.

montewheel.JPG

thats some GOOD info...i'm gonna have to look into mine a bit more, cause i'm thinkin thats all i might need...HOPEFULLY..and, BTW...PUT SOME PANTS ON! :lol:

ALSO: how much did it cost you to do the swap!?

montewheel.JPG

thats some GOOD info...i'm gonna have to look into mine a bit more, cause i'm thinkin thats all i might need...HOPEFULLY..and, BTW...PUT SOME PANTS ON! :lol:

ALSO: how much did it cost you to do the swap!?

Yea what the fuck!?!?! Are you wearing underwear and thats it?

you do know that the steering wheel controls are also for the climate control too right?

Depends on car, i am sure the digital climate would have an input for aux conection. I will have to check out the Olds's.

you do know that the steering wheel controls are also for the climate control too right?

actually, i was JUST gonna ask that... :lol: ...because thats what i was thinking...you should take a pic of your wheel, and label all the bottons for me so i know what they're all for! :wink:

Depends on car, i am sure the digital climate would have an input for aux conection. I will have to check out the Olds's.

Last I checked, we were talking about his car. :roll: :roll: :roll: ....if I am wrong someone please fill me in what car we are talking about....

...fwiw: I will try to take a pic of the wheel tomorrow...there are fan speed controls (up/down), temp controls (up/down), volume (up/down), seek, Programmed station buttons....

Last I checked, we were talking about his car. :roll: :roll: :roll: ....if I am wrong someone please fill me in what car we are talking about....

...fwiw: I will try to take a pic of the wheel tomorrow...there are fan speed controls (up/down), temp controls (up/down), volume (up/down), seek, Programmed station buttons....

Jeremy, you're right!! :wink: ...and, getting a pic would be great...although, you just giving me your wheel would be better :wink: ...OH....while you're at it, you should hook me up with your climate control setup also... :lol:

here is a pic that I found while looking around...it really only shows the temp controls, the other side top button is the volume and the bottom one is Seek/Prog.............please note GP gauges ;)

HPIM0325.jpg

hey, thanx mine...from that pic...it loooks like i should just be able to use the WHEEL i have and just change the AIRBAG, clockspring...and add that module...that'd be TITS!! :twisted:

Well, I went the opposite way with the wheel. A Z34 wheel in my Olds(and the Boomina donated it's stereo as well lol cheap). To hell with radio controls. Real men reach for em' or yell at the wife to change the station.

gutlass_dash.jpg

GP gages and a Regal stereo, I'd hate to see that dash at night. :oops:

neither were actually in very long...the regal stereo matched but the GP gauges were a test fit before anyone could confirm that they fit and worked correctly....

Well, I went the opposite way with the wheel. A Z34 wheel in my Olds(and the Boomina donated it's stereo as well lol cheap). To hell with radio controls. Real men reach for em' or yell at the wife to change the station.

you should ask Kevin to hook you up with a bowtie for your back window.

I had a small red Olds rocket cut out of vinyl & put on the centercap, after cleaning the black paint & bowtie out of it. All it took was a bit of acetone nail polish remover.

I was under the impression that no one made vinyl olds logos...

yikes, factory '90 HUD car. Pretty rare to see.

Jeremy, I believe the GP gages plug in and work exactly the same as CS. How well did the Regal stereo match? Usually the Buicks are green where Olds is more aqua. Otherwise I might be tempted! Also is the display huge?

yikes, factory '90 HUD car. Pretty rare to see.

Jeremy, I believe the GP gages plug in and work exactly the same as CS. How well did the Regal stereo match? Usually the Buicks are green where Olds is more aqua. Otherwise I might be tempted! Also is the display huge?

I know the gauges work, I had them in my car :lol: :lol: ...but at the time I put them in no one could confirm that they were interchangeable....

The Buick display is actually pretty close to the cutty one, but the display IS HUGE and it just didn't quite fit right, some of the buttons on the bottom of the deck get "cut off" by the cutty dash piece...