00-04 Impala/Monte rims on a 95-99 Monte?

capitol-izod

Hey all,

I was checking out the 5 spoked alloy rims that came on the 00-04 Impalas and Montes and they look awfully similar to the rims that the 98-99 Z34s came with. Will these 00-04 rims fit my 96 Monte?

I searched the board for a previous post but found nothing.

Thanks for the help!

I've heard that the wheel offset on the 2nd Gen W-Bodies are different from the 1st Gen's. You'll probably have to use wheel spacers to get them to fit properly...

Hey all,

I was checking out the 5 spoked alloy rims that came on the 00-04 Impalas and Montes and they look awfully similar to the rims that the 98-99 Z34s came with. Will these 00-04 rims fit my 96 Monte?

I searched the board for a previous post but found nothing.

Thanks for the help!

They look similar, but are different. The 1st/1.5 gen ones have wider spokes and less offset. The 2nd gen ones have spokes that taper to a thinner width at the rim.

Maybe I just don't know where to look, but the offset specs seem to be hard to find. IIRC, the 2nd gen wheels have a 52mm offset while the 1st gen wheels have 38mm. More offset makes the wheels sucked in more on the car. More offset also pushes the wheel's center section out more in relation to the wheel's rim. With high offsets (like the 2nd gen wheels), the wheel's center section is dished out and the spokes have to curve back to meet the rim. This is where you can run into trouble. The shape of the curve of the wheel's center section may interfere with the calipers (usually the fronts).

Here & there on forums, I've heard about people that have put the 2nd gen wheels on a 1st gen without spacers. If true, they probably got lucky and used a style of wheel that had the right inside contours that cleared the caliper. More frequently, though, you hear that spacers are needed.

• 1 year later...

z34_nut, I like the rims you have on your car, I am curious what issues you encountered to put those rims on your lumina. I am interested in using the rims as linked on my 1992 lumina sedan.

1b_1.JPG

spacers? how thick? longer studs? later model struts?

all the help would be appreciated thanks -ken

IIRC i asked kyle this question of how hard it was to make fit

and i think he told me it was tough..almost not worth it, so that played into my decision...if you want, (i think would look better) just do what i did...buy a set of Z34 wheels from the 98-99 Montes like how i did to my 94

Picture075.jpg