• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• 93CutlassSupreme

• HokemBokem

• dsgrntld187

ok the pictures are up, if you have a specific question or comment about a picture post it up and i'll fill in the details.

http://digitaloutsider.org/chris/

and todays progress, we started pulling the car down to get the doors to line up right again, as well as started to get the roof much better then what it was, its really starting to take shape :D

With a ripple like that in the roof, the unibody is smucked. I've got a feeling you're going to have troubles down the road.. even if you are pulling the frame. No pro would pull a bent frame if I had it, it'd hit the yard. I know its hard to let go, so I wish you luck and hopefully all turns out man.

I just came across your post, sorry about your baby. This is the 2nd accident I read about in the last few days on this board, but I'm glad to hear that everyone came out in good shape.

I just came across your post, sorry about your baby. This is the 2nd accident I read about in the last few days on this board, but I'm glad to hear that everyone came out in good shape.

alright another update! yesterday we pulled a 92 grand prix STE up to the garage so i could rape it for its lower radiator support, radiator and AC condisor, as well as radiator fans, and engine cradle, its been a royal bitch getting the lower rad support out since its spot welded in and all then i have to remove the engine cradle so we are just droping everyhting, suspsnsion and all

then in the midst of it all i got to wondering how the white STE wheels would look on my car :lol: :shock: mabie we shal find out.

we are looking at one more night or 2 on the frame machine then i'll we'll weld in the new lower rad support with it on the frame machine and get the cradle installed on the frame machine, not too much longer now 8)

another update, not like anyone cares :P

i'm hopeing to have this car back in action very soon, i now have the new cradle in place and bolted in, i rehung part of my exhaust, then today i replaced my spark plug wires, then sorted out the vaccum system that i managed to smash upon impact. it was a mess, i destroyed the MAF, and a mess of lines, i replaced what i could, and patched the other lines, fired it up, ran just like it alawys has :D thanks to the new cradle my suspension is where it ought to be, and the engine is aligned in the bay right.

we also sanded down the underside of my new hood, bumper, and fender, and laid down 3 coats artic white and 2 coats clear, its an awesome finish. i can't wait to get it all asembled.

i'm hopeing to have this car back in action very soon, i now have the new cradle in place and bolted in, i rehung part of my exhaust, then today i replaced my spark plug wires, then sorted out the vaccum system that i managed to smash upon impact. it was a mess, i destroyed the MAF, and a mess of lines, i replaced what i could, and patched the other lines, fired it up, ran just like it alawys has :D thanks to the new cradle my suspension is where it ought to be, and the engine is aligned in the bay right.

we also sanded down the underside of my new hood, bumper, and fender, and laid down 3 coats artic white and 2 coats clear, its an awesome finish. i can't wait to get it all asembled.

i didn't know you can paint. want to paint my car too?

you ordered a new truck and CONSTANTLY BITCH about your car...why would you want it painted!?...besides, that'd be putting to much into it :lol:

you ordered a new truck and CONSTANTLY BITCH about your car...why would you want it painted!?...besides, that'd be putting to much into it :lol:

where did i bitch? :shrug: just made a joke about if he'd paint my car too.

where did i bitch? :shrug: just made a joke about if he'd paint my car too.

i never said you bitched in this thread :lol: ... :wink:..BUT, i guess this is getting off topic now!...so whatever...i don't want this thread to get locked...so...i'm ouT

:leaving:

alright after 3 weeks its back on the road, i just drove the ol girl home tonight. rode great and aside of my alignment being way out, it was just like old times :D i've missed my car alot. i still gotta do some stuff to it but its driveable now.

list of things replaced:

header pannel

front bumper assembly

headlights

turnsignal lights

engine cradle

a/c condensor

radiator

lower radiator support

hood

fender

4 tires

few sensors

mess of vaccum lines

steering column

probably more that i can't think of either

i'll try and get some pictures tommrow or something.

no paint yet, it's back together i have work to do before painting it, namely saveing up the money for paint and the new stripes for it, as well as get all my pannels better aligned then its golden, it will probably stay this way till spring, if i don't get mad and spray bomb it till then. tommrow i'm takeing it to get aligned, it needs it BAD. i'm also intrested in seeing how these goodyear RS-As will handle.

Like I said, forget pinstriping. It gives it a cleaner look IMHO.

personally i really like that silver stripe, i'm gona keep it.

however the pinstripes i removed... they aren't comeing back

Dayum, I wrote my Monte off last Feb. from considerably a lot less damage. Mind you, I did score big on the out-to-lunch insurance claim, so that played a major reason.

I guess I just couldn't see myself going through the pain of tearing into the car, knowing the whole time what it'd been through. I would have made it better than before the accident; however, my patience was already wearing thin on that car after the winter it gave me. I can understand you not wanting to take pictures of it. I still have some of mine, and every so often when I come across them, the only thing that goes through my mind is:

"Phuckin' people need to learn how to drive!"

...and then I mope for the afternoon. :lol:

Good choice in fixing her. Insurance gives dick-awl, so you might as well make it how you want it and ride 'er 'til she dies.