Z34 Werid Problem

Dan94Z34

I was going to grab something to eat tonight, and hopped in the z34 and tried to start it. The thing wouldn't start. I probably cranked on it for about 30 seconds or so and got nothing. I let it sit for about 10 seconds, and tried to start it again. While cranking this time, I held the foot feed down a little bit, and bam it started right up.

I drove it around the block a couple of times before I took off. It ran fine plenty of power with no hesitation. I let it sit for about in hour after I got back, and tried to start it again. This time it fired right up? Don't know whats going on.

When I was trying to start it I could hear the fuel pump buzz when I turned the key foward. It has spark cuz it fired. What could cause it to do this?

its a 1994 Z34, 3.4 DOHC and an Auto.

sounds weird. have you ever had this problem before? If not, it sounds like you could have flooded it. If you ever flood a fuel injected engine, just hold the accelerator to the floor and crank the engine. As soon as it starts, make sure to take your foot off the pedal to keep your RPM's from going through the roof.

check the transmission range switch or the passive restraint control module...those were two things that kept my Z34 from starting. :roll: i had no idea what they were before they fucked up.

I wouldn't worry about it. It sounds like just a simple hiccup to me, like you flooded it or had a bubble in your fuel line or something. If it seems to be running just fine now I'd forget about it, it happens to all cars here and there.

write it down on a note along withthe date it happened, stick in the glove box and forget about it for now. If it does it again, do the same and keep a log of it. It helps to have info like that sometimes when trying to find a problem.

I talked to a guy that has worked on theses engines since they came out. HE said it could be my IAC motor getting week. He said the IAC is closed not letting in any air until I opened the butterfly a little bit with the foot feed. He also said something about a MAF.

• 2 weeks later...