3.1 (90 euro) question

90 euro

went out to start it this morning and it won't start but it sounds like it wants to go. I have fuel and spark. Has anyone had simular problems and what was the cause? (ecm crank sensor ect)

yup. It comes on with the key and sounds strong. No trouble codes. I tried starting it, then tested pressure at the fuel rail valve. I got a splash of fuel with car shut off.

the fuel rail stays pressureized until you releive the pressure or if there is a problem. I have gone to the junkyard and found cars that had been there over a year that still had pressure in the fuel rail.

I would try seeing if the car is flooded. Just hold the gas peddle all the way down and try to start the car. It will not start with the peddle all the way down. stop cranking, then take your foot off of the gas. try to start the car again, and when it sounds like it is trying to catch, give it a little bit of gas.

If you get it started, keep it running for about 10 minutes, then turn it off and try to start it again.

Also, have you done any recent work to the car (changed out the batters, or replaced any sensors)?

Botan

I put in a remote startes, and it messed my car up in such a way that I either had to start the car with the remote only, or had to take it out. I took it out. There was something with it, where if you did not push a button on the remote, then it worked like a started kill. the car would crank, but never catch. I went through 3 units before I gave up on it, and decided not to have it. It was fun while it was working, but in the end, it was not worth it. I might put one in in the future but for now, I will not touch it.

thanks. Foot to the floor worked. I'm unhooking the r/s tommorrow. The kick in the ass is that it took me a day to install it. PS if you are installing a r/s DON'T Use those quick connect clips!

I just repaired a 3.4 DOHC the other day with the same problem. It had spark and fuel just like yours. Take a look at your plugs...pull one out. If they are all black replace them before doing anything else.

What happens is when a plug is old/carboned up, the fuel spray from the injectors will actually foul out the plug. When you floor it the car will almost always start the car because when you floor the car you are cutting out all of the gas.

I replaced the plugs and they car started like new. Let me know if that fixes it or not.

Jason

While you are at it, you might want to replace your wires as well. The stock ones are 7mm, and that is good. You can get larger ones, but you don't have to. I recommend replacing them, because that are not made to last forever.