yet another seat question...

jeremy

I would say no, but all hope is not lost. I swapped in Grand Am seats into a Cavalier before, and though they weren't a direct bolt-in, all I had to do was put the tracks from the old Cav seats onto the GA seats, and viola they fit. If the Cutty seats and these Alero/Intrigue seats have the same "bolt pattern" on the cushion for the seat tracks, then you could easily swap the Cutty tracks onto the new seats...

I would say no, but all hope is not lost. I swapped in Grand Am seats into a Cavalier before, and though they weren't a direct bolt-in, all I had to do was put the tracks from the old Cav seats onto the GA seats, and viola they fit. If the Cutty seats and these Alero/Intrigue seats have the same "bolt pattern" on the cushion for the seat tracks, then you could easily swap the Cutty tracks onto the new seats...

:withstupid: Bolt the tracks on.. It should work

just swap over the seat rails and you'll be fine. I put a set of 85 t-bird seats in the front of my 87 firebird by doing that. BTW, any with a third gen f-body, I'd strongly recomend the swap I just said. It made my car so much more comfortable to drive.

I think that I am going to pick these up this weekend....I don't if they will fit or not though but I think I will take my chances :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, for what its worth, GOOD LUCK!! And I want your charcoal leathers!! Hell, for those seats, Ill fuckin INSTALL the new ones!!! AND give you a bag of pizza rolls!! lmao.. Good luck!

I figure that I can't go wrong, I am getting a fucking steal on the tan ones.....I am most likely going to pick them up Saturday

Rmember, any thread you make after you get theem is useless without pics! LOL

They look to be from an Intrigue, so keep in mind, the seatbacks will not fold forward if you're concerned about that.

after looking around some more I determined that I have absolutely no clue where the seats are from but for the price I will take my chances....

just swap over the seat rails and you'll be fine. I put a set of 85 t-bird seats in the front of my 87 firebird by doing that. BTW, any with a third gen f-body, I'd strongly recomend the swap I just said. It made my car so much more comfortable to drive.

By just swapping the tracks?? If that is the case I know where the is a turbo coupe that is about to lose some seats.

By just swapping the tracks?? If that is the case I know where the is a turbo coupe that is about to lose some seats.

Thats all I had to do and they looked like they belonged there. You're on your own for the back seat though.....lol

well I got the seats this morning and they look really good....the tracks are about 1.5 inches too wide and also a little too long so I will have to make some custom brackets, but the physically do fit......

....they appear to have some sort of wiring that I would guess is for seat heaters, as both seats are manual tracks....the seats have me interested because they are definitely GM seats but appear to be some sort of "prototype" or something....the have actual engineering notes on them with a hand written GM serial number and install date, I will take a pic of the writing soon....I might take them appart to find out if indeed there are seat heaters in them and if there are I will try to figure out how to work them....but making the brackets will be my first project....but for $20 I couldn't go wrong....

How do you know theyre definately GM seats? The fact that 3 wires that do 3 separate things are the same color? Or the STUPID ass red connector clips?

lol

Sweet score man.. 20 bucks?!??!!! FUCK!! THey got anymore GM seats? Specificaslly, like your Cutty ones or GP ones in black leather?!!?1

How do you know theyre definately GM seats? The fact that 3 wires that do 3 separate things are the same color? Or the STUPID ass red connector clips?

lol

Sweet score man.. 20 bucks?!??!!! FUCK!! THey got anymore GM seats? Specificaslly, like your Cutty ones or GP ones in black leather?!!?1

the harnesses say GM on them....there are three or four different plugs....I will have to take pics of them soon....

• 2 weeks later...

well.....I got the driver's seat in....it looks good, but I don't know if I am going to keep it in or not....It is a little bit higher of a ride then the cutty seats, and I am not to particularly fond of it....maybe I will just turn the tan leather buckets/rear console from Jay into a nice little PS2 seat setup in my basement...

a pic of the driver side will follow sometime this afternoon...