changing rear brake pads

90KUTTY

i used the search, but didnt find what i wanted, im tryin to change the rear pads on my 90 cutty, but am totally lost, so if someone can provide me with some advice or a guide i would be greatful. thanx

[Jared]

-Use a "C" Clamp to compress and at the same time turning the Pistons and they should go back in (if not there seized and you need new ones)

some w-bodies required that little sloted brake tool that turns the piston in on the caliper. Trying to compress this style will ruin it. Don't ask how I know that or how i know the rear calipers are near $40 each at Oriely auto...lol

buy brake bleeder / vacuum pump if you don't have a buddy to help and follow the supplied instructions.

If you have a buddy, a clear jar half full of brake fluid and 20" of clear tubbing (think fish tank air line) can be used.

-Start at the brake closest to the master cylinder

-put the right sized wrench on the bleeder

-place the hose over the top of it

-have your buddy pump the brakes 7 - 9 times and hold the pedal.

-Open the bleeder screw and have your buddy hold the pedal down.

-When he tells you its at the floor or all the way down, tighten the screw and repeat until there are no bubles comming thru the line and into your jar.

-Fill the master cylinder, then move onto the next brake and repeat for the rest.

So, while using the piston tool to turn the piston back in to the caliper, if the piston turns (with some force) but the rubber boot around it stays put and turns WITH the piston is it siezed? I had to use a hammer and to tap on the parking brake lever to get it freed up, and even moving that the piston doesn't move at all.

I'm working my way to a fucking heart attack right now with this stupid fucking brake design. :cuss: