Sqeeking noise from no caliper grease?

HokemBokem

I just changed all my front brake pads and rotors, and I now remember not putting the grease on the back of the pads on the front left tire. I put it on the right pads though. Now everything with my brakes is fine its just when i start coming to a complete stop i get a some squeeks. Do you guys think this is because i did not put grease on the back of the pads and if so can i put some on without removing the pads?

You put grease on the pads? The only thing you should put on the pads (and I never do) is "Disc Brake Quiet" which is a orange-red colored liquid.

Your brakes will squeak a bit until they're fully broken in. Seeing as you got PG Plus pads, which are organic, they should quiet down in time...

Never never never never put anything on the pads unless it's Disc Brake Quiet...

no on the back of the pads, the lube or grease i got said to put it on the back of the pads. You know the metal part that hooks to the caliper. Can i do this without removing the pads and just putting grease around the back to stop the squeeking??

You don't want to put any grease there, either. The grease is supposed to be used on the slider bolts only. Even putting grease on the back of the pads won't quiet anything down. Just leave them how they are and the noise should go away after a couple thousand miles :D ...

Do you feel any vibration in the pedal while it makes the noise? You might want to recheck the tightness of all the bolts, and you could even buy some Disc Brake Quiet to put on the pads. Maybe take the calipers off of the brackets (leave the brackets on) and hose down where you put grease on the back of the pads with brake cleaner, then apply the DBQ around the clips on the back and put some on the face of the pads, too...

PG + pads are semi-metallics if I think we're talking about the same pad. Also I know what they gave you, the yellowish grease to act as a quiet stop. It really doesn't work though.

your brakes will also sqeal if your slide pins are not properly greased...that is more important than greasing the back of the pads.

My brakes don't squeak anymore and I only greased my slide pins.

i just got back from a 30 min drive and my brakes only squeeked once and i stopped at all different speeds so what discostudd was sayin might be true about how they just have to break in

i just got back from a 30 min drive and my brakes only squeeked once and i stopped at all different speeds so what discostudd was sayin might be true about how they just have to break in
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn skippy! If there's one thing I know well about cars in general, it's front brakes :D . Rears are another story :wink: ...

No noise with my new ceramic Raybestos Quietstop pads that I just installed today. And I forgot to grease the driver-side outer pad as well.

Will be interesting to see how dust-free these ceramics really are. Have a trip coming up to Toronto in about a month, so I guess I will find out then.

No noise with my new ceramic Raybestos Quietstop pads that I just installed today. And I forgot to grease the driver-side outer pad as well.

Will be interesting to see how dust-free these ceramics really are. Have a trip coming up to Toronto in about a month, so I guess I will find out then.

you're gonna get hosed. Believe it, the Raybestos QS pads are harsh, create a lot of dust for ceramics. Theyre almost as bastardized as Carbon metallics.

I put a set on the wife's Loomie last summer and they were absolutely silent, and produced very little dust, if any. The only problem was that they were "harder" than normal organic pads and didn't bite as well, therefore they didn't stop the car very well. I had to replace the warped "White Box Specials" a couple of months ago, and the Ceramic pads still had plenty of beef left on them (I chucked them for some EBC GreenStuff Carbon Metallics...)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a follow-up on the new ceramics. Have yet to see a single spec of dust in the 2.5 weeks i've been driving them (while the back brakes with factory pads..make their share of dust). No rotor weirdness either so far, knock on wood.

I might spec ceramics for the back when I change 'em, but having a bit of brake dust on the rears reassures me that the calipers haven't seized up either.

I just changed all my front brake pads and rotors, and I now remember not putting the grease on the back of the pads on the front left tire. I put it on the right pads though. Now everything with my brakes is fine its just when i start coming to a complete stop i get a some squeeks. Do you guys think this is because i did not put grease on the back of the pads and if so can i put some on without removing the pads?

I have spoken to a few mechanics who have told me that with high quality pads, it is normal to get some squealing when it is dry and hot outside. And with you living in arizona, I'm pretty sure that you get your share of dry heat.

I can vouch for getting MINIMAL dust on my front wheels since switching to the prostop ceramics (fronts get no dirtier than the rears). Also I have NO squealing or any noises, and no warpage (from the front)