UPDATE on brake pad and rotor swap

HokemBokem

So I just got back from my dads and everything is PERFECT!! :D, It felt so damn good while driving home to step on the brake and have no vibrations. The rotors and everything came off with no problem. My dad said i need to brake the new pads in by being easy on the pedal for a while. But what do you guys think? and special ways you guys use to break the new pads and rotors in?

The way I break in my pads and rotors:

Get out on an open road. Get to about 10 mph, then start to brake. Get to 35 mph then brake. Then get to 55 mph then brake much firmer.

:lol: Thanks alot guys. I wouldent have done it if it wasent for this forum and your guys help. I probobly would have got it done and payed twice as much :lol: This was my first project on my car and im so glad it turned out great. It feels so good to fix something yourself and i was loosing my mind with those warped shaky rotors. Now the Buick is the way it should be, smooth sailin.

no vibration??? maybe you should come show 93CutlassSupreme how to do a brake job?? :lol:

:lol2: ...thats funny, i was thinkin the same thing... :lol:

This was my first time ever servicing brakes :P

if the michigan guys are interested in having a meet at my place to fix my brakes for once and all, let me know.

problem is, i won't put another cent into this POS as long as i own it. funds will have to be aquired somehow, it won't be from me. every dollar i drop into this money bucket can be put towards a car i ACTUALLY WANT.

any of the michigan guys wanna steal my car, i woudn't care. if someone stole it tonight i wouldn't care. i'd miss the good times i've had with this car, but i wouldn't miss the car itself one fucking bit.

if the michigan guys are interested in having a meet at my place to fix my brakes for once and all, let me know.

problem is, i won't put another cent into this POS as long as i own it. funds will have to be aquired somehow, it won't be from me. every dollar i drop into this money bucket can be put towards a car i ACTUALLY WANT.

any of the michigan guys wanna steal my car, i woudn't care. if someone stole it tonight i wouldn't care. i'd miss the good times i've had with this car, but i wouldn't miss the car itself one fucking bit.

Pipe down 80's metal boy. Some of us like our money buckets.

i'm not one of them. i'm gonna be a happy happy 80's metal boy when this shit is gone

:withstupid:

the guy that bought my old 93 lumina back in the day "fixed" the rear brake problem on his 90 euro once and for all.... by crimping the line to the rear shut with vise grips.