remote wire for amp off factory CD player?

Goph

I put a amp in my friends 99 GP gt and the wiring diagram said that the dark green wire was the power antenna out so i used that wire as the remote turn on for the amp. I tested the wire before i hooked into it and it didn't have power with the key off but did when the key is on so it works for a remote wire but when it is hooked up to the amp i test the voltage at the amp and it is only getting 1 volt from what i can tell but when it is not hooked up to the amp it is sending 10 volts to the back.

What wire would i need to use for a remote coming off the factory wiring harness?

it should be the power ant. lead as you were using. Easiest way to do this is to run a wire to the amp, hook it to a toggle switch under the dash, and hook the other end of the switch to a wire leading to a positive fuse.

Try this: Tap off of the antenna turn-on wire right at the antenna and run it through a relay (use this circuit as the "signal" for the relay to switch on.) Run another wire back from the fuse box (or battery, or wherever as long as it's on a separate circuit) and use that as the "load" to be run to the amp...

Try this: Tap off of the antenna turn-on wire right at the antenna and run it through a relay (use this circuit as the "signal" for the relay to switch on.) Run another wire back from the fuse box (or battery, or wherever as long as it's on a separate circuit) and use that as the "load" to be run to the amp...

99 GP have the antenna in the windshield and he don't want me taking the car completely apart. I was going to do that but then i didn't see the antenna so i didn't.

the thing that don't make since to me is when the wire is not on the amp it has 10 volts but when it is on the amp it say 1 volt. I know can just hook into any wire that just turn on with the key but it is better to do with the radio.

99 GP have the antenna in the windshield
Shit, I forgot about that!

Try testing the "remote" wire you tapped into with the ignition on and the stereo both on and off and compare readings. Maybe you could implement my idea above by running a new wire from the "remote" lead on the stereo to the back of the car and hooking up the relay back there :wink: . I dunno what else to tell ya, but I thought I'd at least offer my $.02 :D ...

Buy an aftermarket cd player! :lol:

I wish he would have, could of saved me 20 minutes of work wiring into the back speakers to get the signal.

His parents don't want him doing anything to this car but 3 weeks after he got the car it has a sub in it now and a blue underbody kit and less then 6 hours after we put the kit on he got pulled over for it. :lol:

His parents don't want him doing anything to this car but 3 weeks after he got the car it has a sub in it now and a blue underbody kit and less then 6 hours after we put the kit on he got pulled over for it. :lol:

morons.....

I just hooked up an amp to my factory radio on my 98 Regal yesterday should have the same wiring. I forgot what color it is but it was the second wire in from the right in the top row when looking at the front of the clip with all the holes.