Stereo problem

Cornerdealy

I have a pioneer head unit, and today while i was driving, it was getting a screeching sound from the speakers while music was playing. At first i thought it was the speakers, but then i realized it was coming out of all 4. Then, the sound completely went out. I dont think it's the speakers, cause why would all 4 go out at the same exact time. I'm guessing it's the radio. The radio works fine except for the fact that no sound comes out. It's still under warranty from pioneer (1 year parts and labor), so should i just contact them and have them fix it, or is there a way i could fix it myself?

if its still under warranty, why fuck with it? just send it in to have them fix it, easiest way possible. it sounds like something pretty serious, id check all connections first however

what kind of pioneer is it i had one that made the screeching sound to but i also noticed that the stereo was smoking when i replaced it i also realized that one of my amps was fried bolth were still under warrenty but bolth blamed it on the other component so i got screwed

the only thing i can see might convince soeone to buy a pioneer is the display. kenwood, pioneer, alpine just try to make their stuff look good, instead of sound good. i don't know how many sony's, pioneers, and kenwoods i had to send back for repairs after we installed them. it was so bad we stopped selling implods all together.

i wasnt asking for what you guys think is the better stereo brand. The fact is that I'm not gonna spend atleast $300 more on another stereo only 6 months after i bought this one, when I can get the one i have repaired or replaced for free.

I got the info i wanted, so there's no need to continue this thread.

Pioneer is probably one of the better head units you can buy, if you don't want to spring for an Alpine. It's better than buying a Sony Xplod.

I have Sony MP70 and its been fine for me for 2 yrs......in-fact I love it.

One thing I will say about pioneer is not all of them are great, I've got a deh-7400mp in the beater and a deh-7600mp in the Z. The 7400 is a POS I hate that frikken deck. It's so damn slow and has what I'd consider half the SQ/power of the 7600. My old deh-2300 was a great deck and sounded awesome, pounded my infinity 6x9's like I had subs. :D

Had I gotten the 7400 first I probably wouldn't have bought the 7600, but I'm so glad I did I love this HU. It has nothing to do with the display cause if it did I would have bought a JVC or something. Pioneer had what I thought was the best combiation of features,SQ,looks and they have among the best quality cd drives out there(they'll play almost anything) and that's why I bought another. If pioneer was complete shit I certainly wouldn't keep blowing money on them. This is the 4th pioneer HU I've owned and none have failed me, I also have pioneer cd/dvd players for all my stereo/computers etc...pioneer does not suck.

One thing I will say about pioneer is not all of them are great, I've got a deh-7400mp in the beater and a deh-7600mp in the Z. The 7400 is a POS I hate that frikken deck. It's so damn slow and has what I'd consider half the SQ/power of the 7600. My old deh-2300 was a great deck and sounded awesome, pounded my infinity 6x9's like I had subs. :D

Had I gotten the 7400 first I probably wouldn't have bought the 7600, but I'm so glad I did I love this HU. It has nothing to do with the display cause if it did I would have bought a JVC or something. Pioneer had what I thought was the best combiation of features,SQ,looks and they have among the best quality cd drives out there(they'll play almost anything) and that's why I bought another. If pioneer was complete shit I certainly wouldn't keep blowing money on them. This is the 4th pioneer HU I've owned and none have failed me, I also have pioneer cd/dvd players for all my stereo/computers etc...pioneer does not suck.

Knew a guy that had a Pioneer head unit. It played most stuff pretty well.

If you want a brand that will play through pretty much anything, Panasonic is it. I'm talking about their portable CD players, I don't know about their head units (if they even make them) but any portable CD player I've owned that was a Panasonic would play through any scratched disc I ever put into it. No joke.

I'm on my 2nd Pioneer. That's only b/c I bought my first one used for cheap. Now I have a deh-6600, and I love it. Sooo many controls and sounds great compared to my old one. Not to mention the display kicks fucking ass.

Knew a guy that had a Pioneer head unit. It played most stuff pretty well.

If you want a brand that will play through pretty much anything, Panasonic is it. I'm talking about their portable CD players, I don't know about their head units (if they even make them) but any portable CD player I've owned that was a Panasonic would play through any scratched disc I ever put into it. No joke.

have a Panasonic home theater CD player (now known as Technics) that's the same way....reads almost anything

My pioneer (3500) works really good except for the fact that the faceplate is faded. I think I just have a bad faceplate. I really like how easy it is to customize the sound from the driver's seat.