New Spark Plugs.. Will my gas mileage improve?

Dirty Rockstar

With the fluctuating gas prices, I am just curious.. Will BRAND NEW spark plugs and 8.5mm wires improve my gas mileage on my 90's 3.1? Im thinkin it will.. I will tell ya this.. The son of a bitch has more pep than ever.. Holy balls, I was at 90 before I knew it! I only looked at the speed because the front bumper started to shake as its on there by I believe 2 bolts now.. lol.. Anyone who knows, let me know!

Where do I find the O2 sensor at? And this top engine cleaner dealy you speak of? lol.. Great gas mileage kicks ass.. I spose I can save some by NOT flying down 35E at 90..

No advance autos around me.. M dad can prolly get it dirt too.. Where is it located on my car? Somewhere in the exhaust line? Or more in the engine area of things?

K, I saw it today doin the plugs and swearing at the 60*... It has a single black wire coming out,and sticks up right on top.. At the rear of the engine..

you have one

it's in the exhaust after the exhaust manifolds meet.

rock the engine foreword and look at the back side. you'll see it

didn't you try and say the same thing earlier??

:think: :motz2: :?:

you have one

it's in the exhaust after the exhaust manifolds meet.

rock the engine foreword and look at the back side. you'll see it

didn't you try and say the same thing earlier??

:think: :motz2: :?:

partially. i added the "you have one" part

No advance autos around me.
Not unless you want to drive all the way out to Elk River, as there's one that just opened up out there :D ...

Oh yeah, and changing the plugs, wires, and O2 sensor really does make a small improvement in your gas mileage, fo shizzle! I replaced the plugs in my Regal this past spring (bought the car in December) and the center electrodes were worn all the way down to the porcelain! Well, instead of going 300 miles on a tank of gas (something like 21 mpg) on the old plugs, I can get 330-340 miles out of a tankful after the tuneup (close to 24 mpg.) So tuneups are not overrated!

steve you car cannot not benifit from that, 180k spark plugs and wires were LONG over due for a change, any pics of the old plugs? i'm thinking i'll run some of that top engine cleaner soon

My dad's shop.. I got them his cost, so no mark up.. I like them.. They seem worth it.. Only a little more thaqn standard 7 mms.. This brand is like Mag xts or something.. Noit HIGH quality, but not shit either.. Theyre nice.. All I ran on my 6k..