UA-65274002-1 Jump to content

Leaderboard

  1. Imp558

    Imp558

    Moderators


    • Points

      4,399

    • Content Count

      6,001


  2. Galaxie500XL

    Galaxie500XL

    Contributing Member


    • Points

      4,144

    • Content Count

      2,789


  3. 94 olds vert

    94 olds vert

    Contributing Member


    • Points

      3,144

    • Content Count

      8,783


  4. Psych0matt

    Psych0matt

    Members


    • Points

      2,980

    • Content Count

      10,934



Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 07/16/2015 in all areas

  1. 6 points
    MemphisMan

    LQ1 3.4L DOHC V6 Timing Belt Change

    Here's the link to the timing belt change I did on 11 January, 2020.
  2. 6 points
    1 of 996

    jiggity76 comes through once again!

    My car has been missing this piece for as long as I and the guy before me have owned it. But today I got a "care package" in the mail from jiggity76 and inside was the moulding I have been missing and it is in WHITE. With about 20 minutes of my time disassembling and polishing, it's as close to NOS as a used piece is going to get. Now, a missing key piece to the car is in place.......
  3. 6 points
    89-W-Body-Regal

    Vintage W-body photo thread - most pics fixed and lots of new pics

    Here is More Vintage W-body Photos that I been meaning to get myself to share
  4. 6 points
    ManicMechanic

    Cutlass convertible original drafts

    Gentleman named Paul bought a bunch of Oldsmobile drafting papers and these were among them.
  5. 5 points
    oldmangrimes

    Front suspension fail

    She's back on the road! After a long winter of fighting rusty bolts, I finally got her back together yesterday. I carefully drove her around the block once, and she seemed to drive and shift fine. I haven't noticed any leaks from the transmission or the brake lines. I'll try a longer drive tonight after work and see how it goes. Parts replaced: Passenger side only: Axle. Both sides: Control arms, tie rods (inner and outer), ball joints, flex brake lines. Parts saved: Fender (I straightened the bent lip). Wheel well trim and lower cladding were slightly damaged but I reinstalled them. TBD: Passenger front tire and hub. The tire held air all winter, but I need to drive at higher speeds and go around corners to evaluate the hub and tire. Total cost: About $400 including tools. Time spent: I don't want to think about it, probably 50+ hours if you count watching videos and buying tools. It doesn't sound like much, but I found ways to make the project take forever. It was my first time doing any of these jobs on any car, so it was a slow learning curve to figure out what technique to use. I often would only have two or three hours a week to work on it, so it dragged on and on. I tried to save money by using the wrong tool for the job a few times, which just ended up with wasted time and frustration until I would give up and drive to the store and buy the right tool. Once I had the right tool and the right technique, each job wasn't bad. Moral of the story: Buy the right tool!
×
×
  • Create New...